Immediate Office of the Commander-in-Chief of the Management Analysis Officer in Wiesbaden, Germany
Immediate Office of the Commander-in-Chief of the U.S. Army
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Wiesbaden, Germany
Work Schedule is Full Time - Temporary Promotion NTE 2 YEARS
Opened Friday 11/4/2016 (4 day(s) ago)
** Closes Tuesday 11/8/2016 (0 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
This position is located in Wiesbaden, Germany. Wiesbaden is without a doubt one of the most attractive cities in Germany. The capital city of Hessen is sometimes referred to as "Nice of the North" and rightfully so considering the many mansions, the historic Kurhaus, the casino and the State Theater. Wiesbaden has been well known as a great spa city since ancient times. It has 27 hot, saline springs and its mild climate and park-like setting continue to make it a popular resort and conference center. Wiesbaden is a city with an abundance of leisure activities, providing a cosmopolitan atmosphere blended with an attractive cultural ambience, extraordinary architecture and marked by endearing charm. Wiesbaden, located in one of the premier wine growing areas in Germany, is on the Rhine River only 20 minutes from the Frankfurt International Airport. Efficient mass transportation systems are readily available. Visit the Wiesbaden Army Community website at www.wiesbaden.army.mil for local garrison support and www.wiesbaden.de for city plans and attractions.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Eligible for overseas Military Spouse Preference
- Eligible for overseas Family Member Preference
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
You will serve as Director of Manpower Management Division, Office of Deputy Chief of Staff, G8, and HQ USAREUR. Direct, coordinate, and execute programs, policies and procedures pertaining to manpower management and control for the command. Formulate manpower policy, determine manpower and equipment requirements and authorizations; conduct efficiency reviews and studies, and a variety of other functions related to manpower in an environment of rapidly and significantly changing manpower and budget requirements and controls. Work requires a high level of managerial expertise, credibility and skill; an excellent appreciation of manpower and equipment structure and requirements; detailed knowledge of principles, methodologies, techniques, organizational and budgetary relationships; and the missions and functions of all organizations within the command and in related commands.
- 25% or Greater
- 25% Temporary Duty Travel for official business and training
- ### Qualifications
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Directing, coordinating, and executing programs, policies, procedures structure and requirements pertaining to manpower management and control for the command. Knowledge of principles, methodologies, techniques, organizational and budgetary relationships.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-14)
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
General Manpower Management
Supervise and Control
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- One year Supervisory probationary period may be required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location. Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This announcement is being published under a CP26 announcement time optimization effort.
- This temporary promotion may be extended for up to an additional 2 years.
- A temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition
- The selection will not have an impact on your tenure, federal benefits or competitive status.
- The selectee will be returned to his/her current position upon expiration of the 2 year temporary promotion.
Salary Range: $102,646.00 to $133,444.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0343-15/15
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: US Citizens and Status Candidates
Control Number: 455075800
Job Announcement Number: EUJD167233081831385