SAP Regional Platform Sales Leader/ Region Head of DDM Sales Job in Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot, Germany
Requisition ID: 131683
Work Area: Sales
Location: Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot
Expected Travel: 0 - 50%
Career Status: Executive
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As the cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. You’ll work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’ll be able to get more out of your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
Now it’s your turn to take the next step and help make the world Run Simple.
The Regional Platform Sales Leader is a general mangement position that drives SAP Database & Data Mgmnt (DDM) across the region, the role is highly visible and central to SAP’s strategic direction and is chartered to deliver business growth that outpaces the market. The right candidate must have proven sales experience of running large sales teams, driving a mulit-million dollar license business (up to xxx m) and is expected to have sales leadership in infrastructure sales, domain knowledge in the area of analytics or database. Experience with in-memory platforms, middleware and cloud deployment models e.g. PAAS is also desirable.
This position is the external face to the market for the region, seen as a recognized thought leader by customers, partners and market influencers. Responsible for the sales strategy and execution across the region including: sales management, forecasting process, deal execution and demand generation, measurement of success determined through license revenue, standalone incremental license contribution, pipeline performance metrics (4x pipeline coverage, progresssion and quality). This position will have direct management and responsibility of the specalist sales teams in each market unit (sales specialists teams have duel reporting to market unit & region), the regional COE will report directly to this position responsible for pipeline initiative execution and large deal execution. This requires building a ‘team’ of both direct reports and indirect reports for the domain of DDM in region that are aligned to your plan. A hands-on and lead-by-example position, sponsoring and personally driving the sales execution in the most strategic customers and for the largest opportunities. Ability to drive change and to lead the team for innovation and business success.
Primary responsibilities for sales license revenue acheivemenrt, forecasting, pipeline (4x pipeline coverage, progresssion and quality), large deal execution and channel strategy that all form part of the DDM Sales strategy and execution. It is expected that the Platform Sales Leader be adept at creating and nuturing executive relationships on their own as part of the wider sponsorship provided by the SAP executive team.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales Strategy and Execution
• Define and execute the platform sales strategy for the region
• Build a 3 year SAP DDM business to maintain a market leading position and sustainable double digit growth
• Build a world class specialist sales team with the industries best sales talent with domain expertise
• Drive consistent forecast process from country to region to WW
• Build a business that delivers 60% standalone incremental revenue
• Define the sales strategy to acquire net new logos at scale (XXX per region / yr)
• Define and execute a GTM that builds 4x pipeline cover, drives pipeline progression & quality through systematic sales initiatives
• Meet quarterly linearity targets (quarterly targets and month-to-month targets)
• Proactive Thought Leadership to the market in the domain, keynote speaker, maintaining ongoing engagements with Bloggers, Press, Analyst and other key influencers.
• Ensure the largest opportunities are prosecuted and closed by personally engaging into those opportunities to provide sales leadership through to opportunity closure
• Lead-by-example in front of key/strategic customers presenting compelling proposals and commercial options as the “deal sponsor”
• Build strong sales best practice around deal qualification and closure process
• Execute a sales process that ensures scalable deal execution across all specialist AE’s in the region, focus on both current quarter but equally on CQ 1, CQ 2 to ensure a sustainable business
Channel & Partnering
• Define the volume sales approach for the domain to be executed through the SAP channel in collaboration with the SAP Ecosystem and Inside Sales teams
• Build and scale a sales specialist model in the general business segment to drive existing and net new sales
• Ensure an indirect/volume sales forecasting process is executed to roll-up to region and WW
• Personally sponsor strategic partners to drive incremental revenue and strategic customers but also partners that build scale in the channel
• Effective Relationships: Builds strong professional credibility by effectively managing and developing relationships. Build and maintain a good relationship with various leadership teams within the region as well as with global.
• Management style, proficient at managing both direct reports as well as influencing stakeholders to foster greater impact and scale for your respective areas.
• Executive Presence: Delivers clear, convincing and well-organized presentations. Projects credibility and poise even in highly visible and/or adversarial situations
• Solutions Knowledge: Has a thorough knowledge of SAP DDM (or competitive offering), customer relationships and sales drivers and understands how to drive the sale vs. competitor
• Achieve regional Platform license and subscription (cloud) revenue targets
• Ensure 60% of the revenue contribution is from incremental standalone business
• Ensure customer acquisition through X net new logos per year
Pipeline Build :
• Build and sustain rolling 4x pipeline coverage for region
• Ensure new pipeline is qualified and progressed (measured through <30% E/F pipeline)
• Ensure all pipeline is progressed systematically (measured through <50% stalled pipeline on 90 day cycle)
Operational Excellence & Thought Leadership:
• Regional business plan (annual & quarterly)
• Sales forecast process from country to region to WW – aligned with Regional President and Global Platform Head
• Deal execution cadence and sales best practice for scale (current quarter, CQ 1, CQ 2)
• Drive excellence in employee engagement and leadership trust
• Minimum level of required education: Bachelor’s Degree MBA or Masters
• Specific areas of specialization: 15 years of professional experience; demonstrated knowledge/expertise over different aspects of technology solutions
• 5 years of Solutions experience with 1-2 years of SAP product application experience (or competitive)
• 10 years customer facing experience (sales/business development/consulting/pre-sales)
• Management consulting experience a plus
Minimum Qualifying Criteria:
• Minimum 15 years of professional sales experience with demonstrated expertise meeting and overachieving sales quota for region.
• Minimum 8 years of Sales leadership to lead large solution sales teams to success across region
• Ideally 5 years of SAP product sales experience in Database preferred
• Carried individual quota and strong track record of over achievement
• Carried business unit quota for overall sales team with a strong track record of over achievement
• C-Level value based selling and positioning experience
• Proven track record at closing large complex license opportunities with strategic customers
• Ideally an understanding of SAP Platform solutions
• Understanding of SAP Ecosystem (SAP Internal, Partner, Customer)
Skills & Ability
• Open doors for new business opportunities – “Rainmaker”
• Deep domain product knowledge
• Ability to leverage and execute best practices approach
• Engaging and influencing cross-functional organizations
• Business planning, business case development, & operational excellence
• Integrative Leadership style, able to motivate a team for success while building a high trust level
• Significant senior leadership presence, ability to effectively interact with SAP regional and global leadership
• Minimum level of experience required for this position: 15 years
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany@sap.com . Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.