SAP Business Processes Consultant (m/f) Job in Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot, Germany
Requisition ID: 128785
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Location: Walldorf/St. Leon-Rot , Halbergmoos, Freiberg, Hamburg, Ratingen and every other SAP location
Expected Travel: 0 - 80%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As you know, SAP’s vision is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives.
As THE cloud company powered by SAP HANA®, SAP is a market leader in enterprise application software, helping companies of all sizes and industries Run Simple.
We empower people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. SAP applications and services enable our customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
At SAP, we believe in the power of collaboration and empower our employees to perform at their best in an environment that encourages free and open expression of ideas. Here, you work alongside creative thinkers who share your interests, while turning big ideas into reality for our customers. With innovative job training, mentors to help you grow, and the flexibility to balance your work and personal life, you’re able to build your career. It’s no wonder that some of the sharpest minds from around the world are working for a company that is consistently recognized as a global top employer.
As a member of the SAP Ariba Consulting organization, the Senior Business Process Consultant is involved in transforming businesses through the implementation and use of the leading Cloud procurement solutions of SAP Ariba. He/she applies a strong understanding of business and procurement processes, as well as solid solution expertise, to deliver high quality projects and support our customers in the successful adoption of our solutions.
Core to the Senior Business Process Consultant skill-set are strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, good communication and presentation skills, an ability to deal with changing environments and to operate independently, in order to provide the client with world-class service on a consistent basis. The Senior Business Process consultant does have a proven track record of delivering high quality results in a professional environment. High energy and motivation combined with an appetite for learning.
The Senior Business Process Consultant is responsible for achieving sound, high quality deliverables on time and within budget. He/she can work on all aspects of the implementation process including participation in the sales process in developing scope of work and requirements gathering, in managing the client relationship, managing the project and coordinating the technical resources. The Senior Business Process Consultant does understand the commercial aspects of an engagement and feels personally responsible for delivering a successful and profitable project to the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities: Business Process Consulting
• Assist customers through the lifecycle of an SAP Ariba implementation.
• Support the blueprinting process, gathering customer requirements and expectations
• Support the design process with customers leveraging Ariba best practices as appropriate.
• Assist customers in the development of processes and procedures which leverage Ariba solution functionality being deployed.
• Influence the opinions and decisions of clients leveraging proves best practices
• Execute system testing and provide guidance on user acceptance testing
• Develop positive relationships with the customer team.
• Use knowledge of customer’s business and industry to assess findings and shape solutions.
• Speak to a variety of customers from different departments, at different levels and in large or small groups (e.g. customer project manager, technical team).
• Make independent judgments within own area of competence.
• Provide progress information and escalate project issues to the project manager to help ensure deliverables are on time and within budget.
• Successfully execute tasks and activities at all project phases and build an exemplary track record in providing customer satisfaction.
Project Stream Responsibility: Depending on seniority, the Senior Consultant will also take on more responsibility on projects. This could include leading a stream, multiple streams or a project. Responsibilities could include:
• Plan and manage project tasks and resources to ensure deliverables are on time and within budget, and meet quality standards to achieve high customer satisfaction.
• Work with Managers and Senior Managers to establish customer satisfaction programs and other Key Performance Indicators.
• Develop and deliver a project plan that will enable profitable delivery of the value proposition sold
• Manage internal and external resources to optimize client impact.
• Serve as liaison between customer and Ariba internal teams
• Identify and address resource needs.
• Identify and escalate, as appropriate, project issues
• Act as the point of contact for issue escalation
• Provide timely project communication and facilitates regular status meetings
• Deliver project cost and revenue forecasts
Competencies SAP Ariba Solution Expertise
• Quickly learn new Ariba solutions in order to present them credibly and confidently to customers
• Apply a broad knowledge of the Ariba solutions to solve customer problems and challenges.
• Gather solution and industry knowledge by leveraging the appropriate resources internally and externally.
• Contribute to continuous knowledge tracking and development.
• Synthesizes learning’s into a logical story using quantitative/qualitative data and/or sound reasoning.
• Be eager to continuously increase knowledge and skills through formal training programs and on-the-job learning
Written and verbal communication
• Express thoughts, expectations and ideas effectively and concisely, both in verbal and written communications
• Employ communication effectively to influence team members, leaders and customers
• Proactively collaborate with teammates to anticipate and respond to issues that could impact solution delivery
• Execute with minimal guidance and show strong initiative.
• Display proactive communication
• Adapt style to changing circumstances.
• Provide coaching and guidance to internal or client team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in business/computer sciences or Master’s degree in any science
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT- or procurement-consulting
• Knowledge of procurement operations and/or e-procurement tools
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate workshops with strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to pro-actively identify project risks and issues and to solve them applying strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to travel in Europe 80%.
• Fluent in English and German
Qualifications that are a plus
• Master’s degree in business or computer sciences
• Work experience using project management methods (e.g. PMI)
• Demonstrated ability to successfully work with multi-functional teams
• Experience with SAP Ariba solutions
• Experience with SAP solutions (e.g. SAP SRM, ECC/MM, other)
• Knowledge of other languages
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us at Careers.Germany@sap.com . Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: Virtual - Germany