Microsoft Corporation Sales Excellence Manager (SEM) – SMB M/F in Germany
Location: All Western Europe countries
Hiring Manager: Thomas Dubois De Marolle (WE Sales Excellence Lead)
Segment: SMSP – SMB
Applications until: 15/12/2016
Please apply with an English written résumé
WE SMSP HQ organization is looking to hire the Sales Excellence lead for the WE HQ Small and Mid-size segment (SMB) within WE SMSP HQ. The role reports into the WE HQ Sales Excellence lead
Sales Excellence Manager is responsible for driving breakthrough improvements in the execution of traditional and emerging business models for the Small and Mid-Size business (SMB). This role is accountable for
The Operational Excellence of the SMB business within an Area
The quality and impact of Business Insights upon which decisions are made
The Sales Leadership needed to embed world class selling within their respective businesses
Driving the execution governance thru the subsidiaries sales excellence leads in countries across all the various motions (Distribution, Partners, Direct)
The Sales Excellence Manager is a change agent for the business and drives the business towards a fact-based decision making culture. The Sales Excellence Manager constantly identifies areas for improvement against the SMS&P priorities, using resources to drive both within Subsidiary and regional/global improvements via community collaboration.
Key Responsibilities include:
• There is an expectation of leadership. The SE Manager is expected to lead business change programmes and to embed changes into the sales culture. Their deliverable is not merely process change, but a change in the sales culture, which requires them to be a leader in that culture. SE Managers are expected to ensure replication of best practices, and to implement consistent and standardized sales processes.
• The SE Manager is expected to coach business leaders and managers on aspects of sales planning and execution. They are expected to set the standards of Sales Leadership behaviour and performance across their business.
• The SE Manager is expected to drive consistency and excellence in how we sell to our Customers and Partners. He/she is expected to deliver breakthrough improvements on traditional and emerging business models, to be the champion of change and to drive the organization to world class selling standards.
• The SE Manager is expected to land key SMB priorities via supporting resources.
• The SE Manager is expected to continue to evolve the business into a fact-based decision making culture, evolving the business from lagging indicators and reactive state to leading indicators and proactive state. The SE Manager is expected to have deep insight into business levers and understand how to identify and drive impactful improvements with speed. The SE Manager is expected to understand the importance and connection of core sales motions and supporting process to business results.
• The SE Manager is expected to drive predictable business performed through a rigorous ROB process, to drive efficiencies within SMB and to look for opportunities to drive scale in the SMB business for greater productivity improvements, and to continually drive standardization and simplification across SMB business operating models and processes. The SE Manager is expected to take an accountability for reducing the time % which sellers have to spend on non-selling activities.
Required qualifications include:
• +10 years of related experience (SMS&P Sales excellence; Business management; Sales roles)
• Deep Business Insight & Strategic capabilities
• Analytics and BI skills and experience
• Planning competencies;
• English fluency is mandatory
Preferred qualifications include:
• A BA/BS or MS degree is mandatory, preferably on Management or Computer Science fields. MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.