Danaher Corporation Director of Operations in Germany
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
Primary focus of this position is to plan, organize and direct the manufacturing operations of the Core Histology Consumables unit, including the functional areas of Production, Manufacturing Engineering, EHS, Material Planning & Purchasing, and Facilities & Maintenance.
Oversee the manufacturing operations of two sites – one in Richmond, IL and one in Germany.
- Manage manufacturing/production activities and resources in order to meet short/long term business objectives and customer requirements.
- Lead Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives across the sites.
- Work with team to develop and orchestrate continuous improvement initiatives.
- Assure that procedures / processes are being followed as documented.
- Manage production of consumable and equipment, facilities and maintenance, inventory planning and control, inventory control, and purchasing.
- Participate in management of the quality system including document control, quality control, quality assurance, and calibration to drive customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
- Lead and direct the team of production engineers, technicians and support staff with the objective supporting the manufacturing operations and improving the capability of new or existing processes and/or equipment
- Lead maintenance team to keep the equipment and facility in good condition using effective preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance techniques in a cost effective manner. Lead team to compliance in environmental and safety areas rules and regulations
- Lead the Planning and Purchasing team to effectively support the manufacturing operation while also achieving cost reduction goals as defined by annual goals and objectives
- Implement Danaher Business Systems throughout the manufacturing operations
- Support the new product development process throughout the business unit
Required Education, Experience, Skills: * BS Degree in Business or Engineering required. * Minimum 5-10 years proven leadership in a Manufacturing environment, medical device preferred * Experience in a Lean Enterprise business system and/or environment, including Daily Management, Kaizen, and structured Problem-Solving processes * Experience in a KPI / metrics-driven environment
Desired Education, Experience, Skills:* * Master’s Degree preferred * Multi-site leadership experience * Experience working with Product Development organizations on new product introduction * Experience in FDA-regulated or other highly-regulated industries
Travel will be required for multi-site leadership responsibilities.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check.
Leica Biosystems Richmond, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: Leica Biosystems is committed to attracting and retaining the most highly qualified candidates available. We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities. As a Leica Biosystems employee you will be consistently challenged to deliver your best.
If you are ready for this challenge, complete the on-line application and submit your resume for consideration.
Leica Biosystems pays salaries commensurate with market value, and provides exceptional benefits.
Leica Biosystems is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Disability, Vet, Sexual Orientation, and Gender Identity.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Manufacturing / Operations
Primary Location: North America-United States-IL-Richmond
Req ID: COR000643