VMware Storage Marketing Manager, CEMEA in Unterschleissheim, Germany
VMware’s Storage & Availability Business Unit (SABU) is responsible for the launch and sales growth of Software Defined Storage (SDS) solutions, which are key components of the Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC). Our flagship SDS offering is VMware Virtual SAN (vSAN), a radically simple, enterprise-class shared storage solution for hyper-converged infrastructure optimized for today’s all-flash performance, that delivers radically simple storage with exceptional performance, advanced availability and management capabilities at 50% lower TCO.
The Storage Marketing Manager, CEMEA Region (covering primarily Germany, Austria, Switzerland - DACH with some further activities over time in CEMEA) is responsible for driving the regional adoption of vSAN – based on business goals and driven by marketing results: he/she supports the regional sales teams achieving their vSAN revenue quotas, by proactively driving and executing creative and targeted demand generation programs and expands best practices in the CEMEA region.
The person will be the primary liaison between vSAN sales and DACH marketing for the DACH Region Field organization. This role requires experience both in strategic planning and tactical execution of marketing initiatives to deliver tangible results.
• Support the development and management of an integrated marketing plan for the CEMEA Region, to drive the adoption of vSAN – based on business goals and driven by marketing results :
o Understand the SABU global strategy and its translation to the CEMEA level to define and deliver appropriate mix of Thought Leadership, Awareness, Pipe Generation, Pipe Acceleration and Relationship Building to Drive Pipe Coverage and Marketing Pipeline Contribution
o Integrate Solution Providers and Service Providers partners plan into overall marketing mix; managing dedicated & joint partner marketing plans, measurement needs to be in place for the achieved results via Partners
o Manage the budget and monitor investments to assure ROI
o Leverage Strategic Audience Programs and Campaigns as key ‘routes to market’
• Interact closely with the Pan-EMEA Portfolio Marketing Manager for vSAN to ensure the right mix on global and regional programs
• Create and execute integrated marketing programs and initiatives for the vSAN business focussing on DACH (Germany) and supporting its execution outside of DACH.
• Coordinate, monitor, review & report on execution of all vSAN marketing activities in the region
• Be an active and integrated part of the DACH marketing team to create an effective network for marketing success
• Be the primary regional representative for all vSAN marketing matters, and drive the marketing conversation with the vSAN regional Sales lead
• Prior work experience within an international company, in a matrixed organization.
• Deep Understanding of Business to Business marketing
• Strong knowledge of the IT industry, the key players and their strategies, (incl. Storage Partner Ecosystem – desirable but not a requirement)
• Partner marketing expertise, as this GTM is key for the success of this solution.
• Genuine mix of both strategic thinking and execution needed, this is a hands-on role
• Ability to initiate and execute marketing strategies and programs end-to-end
• Able both to clearly articulate planning logic, execution details, and results of past programs created and executed, and to suggest new programs
• Clear understanding of the marketing mix.
• A good understanding of both the direct and indirect sales models
• Must be a modern marketer with deep understanding of social media, marketing automation (Eloqua), CRM (salesforce.com preferred)
• Previous pipeline responsibility required: measuring and achieving ROI
• Personal qualities: Must be highly Self Driven, Autonomous, Influential, Persevering, Reliable, Direct and Creative
• Based in Unterschleissheim, and able to travel within CEMEA to an appropriate level
• BA Degree or equivalent/higher required
Storage Marketing Manager, CEMEA
LinkedIn Recruiter Account Email: