WestRock Human Resources Manager in Trier, Germany
WestRock (NYSE:WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 39,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 250 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Currently, we have an immediate opening at our folding carton packaging plant in Trier, Rheinland-Pfalz for an experienced HR Professional.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (M/F)
In this role, you will serve as the HR Business Partner to the leadership team at Trier, a folding carton packaging manufacturing site of around 200 employees. Your core mission will be to deliver value-added HR service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of our organization, short and long term. You will serve as a consultant and an advisor to the local and group management on people related issues and act as an employee champion and change agent. The position will also include a small element of international human resource responsibilities in the form of HR management of our Austrian office in Vienna (about 25 people). You will be part of the local Management team and report directly to European HR Director in Switzerland.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Conduct a Leadership Development Assessment
- Establish a robust succession plan
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions) and also support the annual performance evaluation process.
- Provide advice and support to managers on absence management and performance improvement
- Lead and champion the successful delivery of HR initiatives and change programs such as the implementation of a Drugs and Alcohol Policy
- Drive the creation of job-descriptions, supported by negotiation & implementation of the new blue-collar tariff structure
- Cooperate with WestRock’s internal Talent Acquisition function in the recruitment process
- Develop, coach, assess and support existing HR resources to improve their capabilities
- Lead employee relation matters and establish consistency with external law firms
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to develop strong, trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and communicate effectively with employees and managers at all levels
- The ability to manage and prioritize workloads with the skills to multi-task effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; experience of assessing situations, from both a legal compliance and business perspective, making the best recommendation based on facts
- A degree or five or more years related HR Management experience
- Experience of managing an HR function in a manufacturing environment
- Good working knowledge of German employment law and rules
- Excellent verbal and writing language skills in German and English
What we Offer:
- A corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- A role in which you can prove and further develop your HR and management skills
- Work in a multinational context - international clients and project teams
- Attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
If you’re a results-focused professional who possesses the appropriate level of technical skill, maturity, commitment and experience, this is your opportunity to drive our company – and your career – forward. Please share with us your current CV in German or English today!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
Human Resources Manager