Microsoft Corporation Partner/Channel Marketing Manager (m/f) in Stuttgart, Germany
Job Locations: All Germany
Joining The Microsoft Team Means…
With the great success of Windows 10 in the marketplace, now is a great time to join the OEM team at Microsoft! As the OEM Partner/Channel Marketing Manager, you will set strategy and execute marketing plans that result in the sales of Windows 10 modern devices and related services/software, designed to win share from competitors and achieve OEM business goals. In partnership with sales, this marketing professional develops effective and actionable channel or account marketing plans and is responsible for excellence in execution for their assigned partners or geography. This role successfully applies marketing programs within budget that maximize revenue and marketing ROI to achieve OEM and partner business objectives.
End-to-End Marketing Strategy and Execution
• Work in partnership with sales teams to support the near and long-term strategy and establish marketing priorities to enable joint execution of the strategy for your partner or channel.
• Determine market investment focus and priorities for each OEM marketing priority and market segment for your partners.
• Leverage worldwide incentive and investment programs, along with local investments to meet revenue and scorecard objectives with execution excellence.
• Work with Windows Marketing to understand and apply their input and strategies to align partners and hero devices to Microsoft marketing goals and enable partners to participate in and amplify Microsoft’s global campaigns.
• Collaborate with Regional Account Marketing Managers (RMMs) and sales to validate the all-up strategy and get feedback on specific implications for their region.
• Leverage existing internal (DMIT, Activation Data) and third-party survey reports (GFK, IDC, Gartner) to stay current on external market dynamics and gain market insights including market analysis on the device market at a worldwide level combined with data from sales teams and the MNA.
Effective and Actionable Partner Marketing Account Planning
• Negotiate the joint goals and the discretionary budget with partners quarterly to ensure the plans capture and reflect the goals and objectives of both Microsoft and partners, allocate and set performance expectations for marketing investments.
• Track investment performance and budget utilization quarterly to drive accountability and ROI, and proactively identify risks and upside opportunities to make recommendations and adjustments where needed to better achieve the specified targets.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders e.g. OEM Marketing, Windows Marketing CCG, SMSP, EPG, Retail, etc. to best integrate input and resources from various channels into the plans and ensure that marketing investments from all Microsoft resources are considered.
• Customize campaigns for partner’s organization based on a deep understanding of the local market and partner business needs for mutual growth.
• Monitor execution and results of campaigns to determine effectiveness and adapt guidance and execution plans in order to optimize execution.
• Submit all marketing plans using corporate guidance and processes to ensure compliance and accountability.
• Provide marketing leadership with partners, providing guidance on Microsoft branding and campaigns
• Be transparent with the partner and provide consistent, predictable and timely information on Microsoft’s marketing strategy and programs – what Microsoft is doing and where we are going to enable the partner to participate in all relevant programs.
• Deeply engage with key stakeholders, e.g. Windows Marketing, CCG, SMSP, EPG, Retail, etc.) to identify opportunities to highlight key partners and hero devices.
Marketing Excellence in Execution
• Create joint value proposition and marketing materials to enable the sales teams and partners to amplify Microsoft’s device strategy and messaging.
• Identify key internal stakeholders to drive awareness and demand for the MNA partner’s devices across segments and ensure that SMSP, EPG SSPs, PCCMs, RSM and Edu teams are capable of delivering the value prop for the hero devices for that segment.
• Adapt marketing materials created by OEM Corporate and Windows Marketing to use with partners to ensure the Windows messaging is emphasized in their campaigns.
• Conduct planning reviews on marketing campaigns, including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) before the campaign begins, and includes setting expectations for data sharing and reviewing results together.
• Ensure the enforcement of compliance rules for the OEM team, and drive the same through training and in practice.
Focus discretionary investments to drive sell-through of devices.
• Collaborate with Sales leads on a frequent formal and informal basis to drive close alignment on strategies, tactics and execution at all levels of the account.
• Engage frequently with OEM corporate marketing, A13 Marketing Leads Community, MNA regional marketing and sales teams to share information, confirm mutual goals, collaborate on campaigns, identify successes and challenges with execution, and reallocate/adjust budget as needed.
• Provide marketing leadership in the cross-division worldwide marketing community and OEM Marketing leadership team.
• Share successes and best practices with counterparts within the Worldwide and regional marketing community.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
As a key advocate for the Windows 10 device business in your area, you’ll help the OEM division and partners achieve revenue and scorecard goals for Windows, Office, Server and related services. In partnerships with sales, you’ll drive commercial & consumer marketing campaign innovation for your local area, working with partners and segment teams to drive success.
Who we’re looking for…
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Candidates must have at least 8-10 years of practical experience developing and driving partner and/or customer marketing (including focus on digital) strategy and execution
• Be able to effectively drive cross-group communication and cooperation, using strong communication, project management, and organizational skills
• Possess a personal passion for marketing, customer relationship marketing, technology, partners and satisfaction
• Excellent collaborator in driving leadership across partners, segments, Windows Marketing, field teams and corp teams
• Deep marketing thought leadership and knowledge of effective marketing strategies, tactics and portfolio investments to maximize return on marketing investmentDeep ecosystem insight, including the competitor landscape, emerging trends, knowledge of partner business models, best-in-class marketing, the Microsoft Partner Network and overall growth opportunities;
• Knowledge of OEM, SMB, Enterprise and/or Consumer marketing and selling approaches
• Ability to engage and influence at senior levels at Microsoft and partner
• Four Year college degree required – MBA preferred
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.