Olin Chlor Alkali Products Head of Sales DACH Region in SCHWALBACH, Germany
Head of Sales DACH Region
Shape the present and future together with us!
Olin Corporation is the world’s largest producer of chlorine and chlorine derivates, such as epoxy products and chlorinated organics. Olin’s products are used in a variety of industries and markets, including building and construction, civil engineering, adhesives, protective coatings, powder coatings, electrical, automotive, pharmaceutical, water treatment, polymer production.
Our employees shape our future and our company success. We stand for diversity, integrity and fairness in dealing with each other. We offer interesting activities which are attractively remunerated and, furthermore, endowed with excellent social benefits.
As part of its succession planning, Olin Europe, a subsidiary of Olin Corporation, has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a
Head of Sales DACH Region – Chemical Industry
based in Schwalbach, Germany (Frankfurt/Main area)
The Head of Sales is accountable for achieving sales and margin goals and for maximizing the value of Olin’s business in the assigned countries. He /she leads and manages a team of sales professionals. This role is responsible for the definition and implementation of Olin’s participation strategy in the region, particularly focusing on meeting customer needs and driving profitable business growth. The customer mix ranges from large, multi-national corporations with locations across Europe, to medium to small-sized companies with single locations in the assigned region. In addition to his people management role, the Head of Sales has also direct account management responsibilities for several key customers. He/She reports to the Commercial Director for Europe, Middle East, Africa, India, and is a member of the EMEAI Commercial Leadership Team. In this position you have to collaborate closely with the Geographical and Business Leadership as well as with various functional leaders (marketing, product management, technical service, supply chain, finance) in EMEAI. In addition, regular travel within Europe is required, about 40 - 50% of total time.
Accountability and Deliverables:
• Achieve sales and budget goals in accordance with the financial plan of Olin EMEAI.
• Provide operational pricing directions to sales team in alignment with product management.
• Drive Account Plan development & execution.
• Have direct account management responsibilities for several key customer
• Negotiate and conclude complex sales contracts.
• Develop management level relationships with customers in the region.
• Supervise and lead a team of sales professional s (performance management, motivation, employee development, career planning, training, etc).
• Define hiring, development, succession and retention plans in line with business strategies.
Key Competencies required
- Influence and guide others toward goals.
- Provide purpose and direction.
- Motivate and enthuse others.
- Take independent action.
- Attempt to influence events to achieve results.
- Have a bias for action and taking appropriate risks.
- Market and customer focus
- Know the market forces affecting businesses and customers.
- Anticipate and identify what customers need and value.
- Target which customers to serve.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Value people.
- Relate and communicate well with all kinds of people.
- Listen, understand and respond to others concerns.
Required education, experience and skills
• Bachelor or Master’s degree (in business management and/or engineering).
• Minimum of 15 years experience in Sales, Marketing, Business Management.
• Previous experience as people leader is required.
• Minimum of 10 years experience in the chemical industry – ideally with the products in scope
• Knowledge of civil engineering and/or coatings industry desired.
• Ability to negotiate and to work across all levels of the customers and their organization.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills to effectively deal with all levels of the Olin organization, while fostering a team environment.
• Ability to effectively work in a global organization, across functions and across cultures.
• Excellent English and German knowledge, additional European languages are an asset.
If you are interested in joining us, please apply online or send your complete application with cover letter and CV to Tamara Bürgisser: email@example.com