Olin Chlor Alkali Products GCO and Epoxy Intermediates Account Manager- Western Europe in SCHWALBACH, Germany
GCO and Epoxy Intermediates Account Manager- Western Europe
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls, a division of Olin Corporation, is currently hiring an Account Manager , located in Schwalbach, Germany or Milan, Italy. Only one position is open and can be located in either location. The other listing is under #5005. This is a sales professional with product and market knowledge who focuses on personal sales targets, new business development and troubleshooting. The Account Manager manages a specific portfolio of existing and prospective accounts inside a defined geographic area. This position will be assigned to a defined customer base in the south. He or she cultivates relationships and identifies opportunities to grow the business. Products are typically critical or complex, requiring a high level of client relationship skills to maintain competitive positioning.
This position is responsible for managing existing and new customer relationships within Western Europe.
The Account Manager will sell Olin products from within the Chlorinated Organics (Methyl Chloride, Methylene Chloride, and Perchloroethylene) and Epoxy Intermediates (Epichlorohydrin, Allyl chloride) business portfolios. In addition, the Account Manager will also identify new opportunities for unmet customer needs and be responsible for driving profitable business growth in the territory.
The responsibilities of the Account Manager can cover customers in one country as well as multi-national customers located within the territory.
Accountability and Deliverables:
- Uses account planning tools, margin management tools, and electronic technology to develop and share account plans with appropriate stakeholders.
- Defines and achieves annual, value-creating sales goals for the assigned territory in accordance with business strategy and marketing plans.
- Develops and builds relationships with internal and external customers and influencers.
- Produces appropriate sales forecasts and is able to capitalize on/ compensate for market changes.
- Recognizes, anticipates, and solves customer problems resulting in business opportunities and revenue growth.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of assigned Olin products and targeted applications.
- Understands and proactively analyzes customer’s product and service needs
- Shares business and industry intelligence with Olin counterparts (commercial leadership, marketing, research and development, tech service, customer service, etc) to promote increased revenue and value
Key Global Competencies required
- Customer and Market Focus
- Anticipate and identify customer needs
- Adjust offering to meet those needs and to generate value.
- Take independent action.
- Attempt to influence events to achieve results.
Key Functional Competencies required
- Competitor/Customer Analysis
- Discover new opportunities for Olin by understanding customer / market needs, segment attractiveness, Olin’s capabilities, and Olin's competitive position.
Required education, experience and skills
- Bachelor or Master degree (business and/or technical)
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience, 8 is preferred – ideally in the target markets and/or with the identified products
- A minimum of 5 years of sales responsibility, 8 years is preferred – ideally with experience in selling chemical commodity products
- Demonstrated strong skills on market focus, leadership and initiative
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships
- Ability to summarize and present data in a logical, meaningful and effective manner
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively deal with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally, while fostering a team environment.
- Ability to effectively work in a global organization, across functions and across cultures
- English and German are a must – additional Western European languages an asset
Job information / Working conditions
- Location is Schwalbach (Frankfurt) / Germany or Milano / Italy
- Regular travel within Western Europe is required, about 50-60% of total time.
- Company car will be provided
- Account Manager will report to the Olin Commercial Director located in Zug, Switzerland, but will work closely with Olin marketing and business leaders for each business.