GE Senior Wind Electrical Subsystem Engineer (f/m) in Salzbergen, Germany
GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy OnShore Wind
Renewable Energy offers its customers solutions for energy production from renewable resources such as wind, solar and biogas. With more than 26,000 installed wind turbines globally, GE Energy provides more than 50,000 megawatt installed capacity of clean and efficient energy. A comprehensive service program supports clients from project development to operation and maintenance, to solutions for network integration and the commercial exploitation of wind energy. In Germany, GE Wind Energy is represented by almost 4,500 wind turbines. The wind turbines are manufactured in Salzbergen, Lower Saxony - GE's European headquarters for renewable energy, where also the European Customer Service and Training Center is located.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world´s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles... people like you.
Posted Position Title
Senior Wind Electrical Subsystem Engineer (f/m)
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Germany
As a Senior Wind Electrical Subsystem Engineer on the Electrical Subsystem team, you will be at the forefront of wind turbine electrical technology and systems design in GE Renewable Energy Onshore Wind. You will influence wind turbine product development and oversee the electrical system development from concept to implementation.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate technical accountability for the electrical system on the global onshore wind turbine platform. He/she will drive to identify key risks and subsequent mitigation plans. He/she will lead new product introduction programs and support the growing fleet of GE wind turbines.
• Lead system-level design definition for the 3MW platform to optimize electrical system design for cost, performance, and reliability.
• Develop and execute trade-off studies on the 3MW platform to drive conceptual design using sound engineering principles.
• Leverage the GE store to drive technology advancements into the wind electrical system.
• Interface with the Wind Farm Engineering Grid team to understand project grid codes and translate their impact into electrical system requirements.
• Work with Energy Consulting to build electrical system solutions that optimize the wind turbine electrical system relative to wind farm balance-of-plant electrical equipment.
• Interface with component design teams to understand component capability and its impact on the overall electrical system.
• Develop clear, system-level requirements and design memos to guide integrated electrical component design.
• Guide continuous improvement on analytical tools relative to electrical system capability.
• Support customer meetings as a technical expert in the field of electric power systems.
• Communicate design details and technical recommendations to senior leadership.
• Assess field data to improve operability and reliability of the electrical system.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
Experience in electrical systems or electrical component design.
Ability to perform system-level design and analysis of rotating machines, power electronics, power cables, transformers, and other related power equipment.
Experience with electrical safety analysis, including arc flash analysis, lightning protection, and system grounding.
Experience in renewable energy or power generation technology.
Experience translating product requirements to system-level technical requirements.
Proven track record of technical project/progam leadership.
Experience influencing and working with crossfunctional groups
Willingness and ability to travel 10% per year