Cosma International Senior Manager German Tax (m/w) in Sailauf, Germany
Magna is one of the leading global automotive suppliers with a product and Service portfolio ranging from the development and manufacture of parts, components and modules through system integration to engineering and assembly of complete vehicles for OEM.
The Senior Manager of German Tax is responsible for all corporate tax matters of one or more of the automotive systems groups, operating in Germany and countries within the EU.
In addition to that the SMGT will be responsible for tax-related IT processes and will assist the DGT in intergroup tasks
- Ensure Income tax compliance, including but not limited to preparation of tax filings and defending tax audits.
- Support finance and automotive systems groups on day-to-day issues.
- Work with the Transfer Pricing (“TP”) team on common issues.
- Work with the VAT team on common issues.
- Assist in acquisitions, divestitures and reorganizations as they arise.
- Preparation and review of quarterly Tax Reporting under US-GAAP for German entities, including maintaining Sox 404 internal controls.
- Tax-related IT processes.
- Review of German legal entity Income tax and Trade Tax Returns.
- Assist with the development and implementation of effective tax rate planning and cash tax management practices.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining best practices to minimize tax risk.
- Carry out other administrative and management duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the company’s internal policies, procedures, and guidelines, as well as the company’s Corporate Constitution and Employee’s Charter.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES
- Master degree or equivalent in Economics or Law or Master of Fiscal Affairs.
- German Tax Advisor Exam.
- At least seven years’ experience in income tax law, i.e.
- Thorough understanding of German tax regulations and practices.
- A willingness to develop knowledge of taxation in selected countries within Europe.
- Ability to translate strategic concepts into practical solutions.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP and accounting for income taxes
- Knowledge of international tax
- Analytical and process-related intellectual power.
- Experience with Tax-related IT issues.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and individually.
- Effective and efficient communication skills.
- Entrepreneur within the company.
- Fluent in German and English.
Group: Magna Corporate
Division: Magna Automotive Holding Germany
Job Type: Regular