Olin Chlor Alkali Products Product Regulatory Specialist in RHEINMUENSTER, Germany
Product Regulatory Specialist
Shape the present and futuretogether with us!
TheOlin Corporation - established in 1892 in North America - employs a workforce of 6.000 staff members in 28 countries and it is the world market leader in the chlorine-alkali industry, as well as with epoxy resins. Moreover it is one of the leadingcompanies for chlorinated hydrocarbons, with a turnover of about 7 billion USD. You can find our products in many things of everyday life.
Our employees shape our futureand our company success. We stand fordiversity, integrity and fairness in dealing with each other.
We offer interesting activities which are attractively remunerated and, furthermore, endowed with excellent social benefits.
In order to maintain also in the future our successful chemistry , we are looking for candidates who are interested to join as:
Product Regulatory Specialist (m/f)
based in Terneuzen (Netherlands) or Schwalbach (Germany) or Rheinmünster (Germany)
The Product Regulatory Specialist is member of the Product Safety and Sustainability organization and supports the Product Regulatory Compliance Manager with ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements applicable to raw materials and products to be manufactured, moved or sold in the Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region.
In this role you will also support the Hazard Communication Manager, and will collaborate with the business Product Stewards, and 3rd party services to facilitate the introduction of new products into markets and to maintain the Hazard Communication information compliant with regional and national requirements. You will be reporting to the global Director for Product Stewardship and Compliance.
Key responsibilities of the Product Regulatory Specialist:
Support the Regulatory Compliance Manager with assessments of products to be manufactured, moved or sold in the EMEA region against applicable regulatory requirements. Support the assessment of regulatory status as part of the SDS release process and the identification of relevant information for Section 15 of the SDS for the EMEA region and for reviewing classification information for its relevance, specifically under EU CLP.
Support the Substance identification assessments: Identify raw materials and products subject to specific regulations. Support establishing compliance specifically with
SDS reporting obligation in EU Member States under CLP.
- Assessment of the volumes imported against the volume registered under REACH (Substance Volume Tracking, SVT).
- National regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Region specific hazard communication requirements including continually upgrading personal knowledge of hazard communication regulatory requirements and processes and apply the knowledge to the daily work.
- Support Olin's product stewardship & compliance organisation with voluntary initiatives on product hazard communication.
- Retrieve data from the central SAP ECC system and/or IUCLID system and from regulatory authorities and process the data in line with guidance from the Regulatory Compliance Manager and the Product Stewardship Manager.
- Develop and maintain electronic filing systems for regulatory documents in line with the organisations requirements and systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Toxicology or HSE related field.
- Experience with the SAP EH&S system.
- Information systems management proficiency – Excel, database management, etc.
- Proficiency in English, second language desired.
- Minimum of one years’ experience with hazard communication requirements and regulatory assessments preferred.
- Detail-oriented and results driven with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.If you are interested in joining us, please apply online or send your complete application with cover letter, CV, references etc. to Nora Kranich: email@example.com