AbbVie Postdoc for brain disposition of biologics (m/w) fixed-term 24 months in Palatinate, Germany
We are a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company that combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech, with the expertise and results of a long-established pharmaceutical leader. Our people have diverse expertise and perspectives, but share a single passion: to develop and market advanced therapies to address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases.
The PostDoc position is situated at the DMPK department in Ludwigshafen. The mission of the department is to analyze the ADME (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion) properties and pharmacokinetics of small molecules and biologics to support the discovery pipeline. The successful candidate would have the following responsibilities:
- Implement new methodologies to characterize the brain (ECF, CSF) disposition of antibodies and biomarkers (e.g. push-pull microdialysis in rodent brain and brain ventricles).
- Measure accurately (absolute quantification whenever possible) analytes in the brain tissue and CSF. To that end design the experimental conditions to monitor and optimize blood-brain barrier integrity in the experimental setup.
- Understand the brain disposition of antibodies and provide results to feed a PK/PD brain model.
- Collaborate very closely within a cross-functional team, and share methodologies/resources to address project needs in close collaboration with scientists across various disciplines.
Report the results and represent the DMPK department in project teams and cross-functional research groups.
This position is for a fixed-term of 24 months
- PhD in pharmacology, medicine, biology, biochemistry or related field.
- Experience in pharmacokinetics, preferably for large molecules.
- Excellent knowledge in in vivo methods in rodents and performance of animal experiments, including microsurgery in rodents.
- Experience in the method of microdialysis and biochemical detection methods or LC-MS/MS methodology would be beneficial.
- Excellent teamworking skills and a high degree of self-initiative required due to interdisciplinary nature of the position.
Excellent communication skills, including written and oral English.
We are looking forward for your application. Please give us information about your salary expectations and possible start date in your motivation letter.
An equal opportunity employer. AbbVie welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
Job Classification: Temporary Work
Job: RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
Primary Location: Germany-Rhinland-Palatinate-Ludwigshafen
Organization: Research & Development
Shift: Not required
Req ID: 1606952