Danaher Corporation Lean Manager (m/f) in Nussloch, Germany
Danaher Company Description
Leica Biosystems is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany. VisitLeicaBiosystems.com for more information.
You will be responsible for promoting and facilitating the successful implementation of the Danaher Business System within Leica Biosystems, and specifically the Operations of the Nussloch site by working with Transactional Processes improvements:
- Drive ever-improving results by leveraging DBS tools, consulting skills, and change management process.
- Assist in achieving the Policy Deployment and Strategic Plan objectives related to LBS and specifically the operational goals of the Nussloch site
- Assist LBS leadership in the development and execution of a DBS roadmap at LBS
- Directly provide formal and informal DBS training and coaching
- Ensure productive sustainable kaizen events
- Promote and facilitate diagnosis of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business, and provide expert counsel on appropriate tools to eliminate them
- Promote and facilitate associate development in various DBS tools, lean production, transactional improvements, and kaizen leadership
- Driving DBS culture and building DBS excellence within the LBS organisation and specifically the Nussloch site
- Benchmark and incorporate best practices
- 4-7 years of Operations, Engineering or Lean experience
- BS or BA Degree in Business or Engineering required; MBA or Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience in the medical device industry
- International business experience
- Fluent in German and English
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view
- Ability to design, develop, and implement a Danaher Business System (DBS) roadmap for an operating business
- Mastery of a variety of (lean) tools – especially operations and transactional activities.
- Understanding of FDA and ISO13485 requirements
- Superior communications skills including being able to communicate to all levels of the organisation including those where English is not their primary language
- Superior training skills and adult learning theory
- Superior consulting/influencing skills
- Familiarity with various manufacturing process technologies
- Hands-on experience implementing DBS (or Lean) in a line management role
- Exposure to and participation in a wide variety of training environments
- Good writing and administrative skills, including computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in time and project management
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Biosystems
Job Function: Continous Process Improvement (DBS)
Primary Location: Europe-Germany-Baden-Württemberg-Nussloch
Req ID: COR000658