Solvay Chemist in Niedersachsen, Germany
The R&I Insulationdepartment in Hanover within the Global Business Unit Special Chem is activelylooking for a chemist who will pilot activities under the guidance of theR&I manager and/or team leader.
This is an ideal positionfor a detail-oriented, goal driven individual who is seeking a Research andProduct Development opportunity with significant potential for professionalgrowth and career advancement.
- Work on Polyurethane (PU) andhandle other PU foam components experiments and analysis (foam properties, suchas thermal conductivity, flammability, compressive strength, etc.)
- Follow all HSE policies, supportlab 5S and HSE work to ensure clearness and safety in the lab
- Elaborate detailed experimental plans, realize thecorresponding experimental plans and trials.
- Interpret and secure results, write the report includingobjective, experimental method, results, discussion and conclusion.
- Bachelor‘s Degree in chemistry or related field and first experience as aResearch Chemist in an international environment; experience in design ofexperiments (DOE) is a plus
- A good understanding of Polyurethane chemistry would be a plus
- Familiarity with standard laboratory techniques, includingstructural/physicochemical characterization and related analytical knowledge.
- Ability to collaborate within a team and solve problems forlaboratory/pilot activities.
- Computer skills for documentation (Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Willingness to travel for performing trials at external labs/partners (10%)
- A challenging and international work environment in a globally operatingcompany
- A broad range of responsibilities and the opportunity to develop careeraspirations
Requisition ID: RIG000011