Microsoft Corporation Strategy & Innovation Architect (m/f) in Munich, Germany
Job Location(s): All Germany
Your mission at Microsoft Services
In Microsoft Services, we help businesses around the world to accelerate the power and business value obtained from Microsoft technologies. As one of the fastest growing business units within Microsoft we work on the largest and most complex technological challenges and provide technology consulting and support services to 54 million customers.
In view of the fundamental changes in the technology industry Microsoft Services in Germany has establish a Strategy & Innovation Team which is responsible for driving sustainable, long term business growth with innovative technology solutions with high value to our customers’ core business. The responsibilities of this team include the support of strategic deals in presales and delivery, business relevant innovation, intellectual property identification and harvesting, people development and risk management. Furthermore this team establishes and maintains a close relationship to the engineering and research teams in the Microsoft headquarter.
We're looking for you
To further build up this team Microsoft Services is looking for Senior Architects to help drive the strategic topics like smart connected things, new mobile experiences or artificial intelligence leveraging the capabilities of the cloud.
The ideal candidates should bring a mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge across Microsoft and non-Microsoft products, technologies, and the ability to provide strategic technical direction and technical leadership to customers and colleagues. It is involved in business and technical risk management as well as the entire IT services lifecycle, with a broad focus on technical talent, consistent delivery, innovation and technology alignment.
Are you ready to become part of this team and take over a big challenge?
Business Alignment and Strategy Activities
• Defines an end-to-end approach across the different organization within Microsoft Services from strategy consulting to support services.
• Influences business and technical strategy in collaboration with appropriate parties to advance Enterprise Services Germany as a growth business and industry thought leader
• Drives landing of new technologies in cooperation with the Microsoft engineering teams
Customer Facing and Quality Activities
• Supports strategic opportunities in the areas of key industry trends like cloud, new mobile experiences or artificial intelligence during deal pursuit and delivery to maximize and win-rate and minimize implementation risk
• Ensures alignment of presales and delivery activities with the Microsoft technology strategy as defined above
• Provides oversight and assistance to critical engagements and helps ensure that required technical and business criteria are met on critical projects.
• Oversees and supports execution of quality measures for large/complex opportunities and engagements
IP Reuse and People Development Activities
• Recommends and sponsors Intellectual Property reuse and generation activities
• Provides leadership for technical communities
• Mentors other technical roles and grows technical talent
• Must have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
• Multi-Year work experience should involve a significant subset of pre-sales support, technical consulting, solution design, project envisioning, planning, deployment, operations/support and management.
• Proven track record of “business value of technology” conversations with business decision makers
• Work experience should include demonstrated technical depth in one or more of the key technology trends: cloud, data science/artificial intelligence, internet of things, new mobile experiences and a good proficiency in the other areas.
• Deep familiarity with the technical characteristics and business benefits of cloud computing
• Deep familiarity with Microsoft technology portfolio.
• Familiarity in competing technologies such as Amazon, Google, IBM etc..
• Candidates should have a good understanding of the business fundamentals of the IT services business (consulting, support, operations).
• Candidates must have industry leading breadth knowledge of subject area, and have demonstrated analysis and communication skills connecting technology and business problems.
• Willing to work in a high performance team in a constantly evolving technology and business environment.
• Fluency in German and English language.
If you have any questions please reach out to Lee Taylor (Lead Recruiter Services) – E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.