Qualcomm Senior Manager, Modem Product Marketing in Munich, Germany
Job TitleSenior Manager, Modem Product Marketing
DivisionQualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Job AreaProject/Product Management
LocationGermany - MunichUnited Kingdom - Farnborough
OverviewThe successful candidate will be part of a Qualcomm European team helping to drive QUALCOMM's relationship with the automotive industry for telematics. This person will play a key role in defining the successful strategies for QUALCOMM Wireless business in Europe
• Promotion of Qualcomm Telematics and modem technologies towards car manufacturers, Tier Ones and ODM across EMEA region
• Customer product requirements capture and technical proposal development in close cooperation with Customer Engineering and Sales
• Development and maintenance of Customer/Market Requirement Documents as contribution to long-term product Roadmap planning.
• Input to future telematics roadmaps based on carrier and customer requirements
• Development of technical responses to requests for information relating to telematics and connectivity aspects of Qualcomm products
• Adaptation of product messaging to provide a European based value proposition, product specific positioning statements and competitive positioning
Minimum of 10 years working in the wireless or consumer electronics industry in particular working in the Automotive Sector
• Technical marketing / management experience and knowledge combined with adaptability to cover the following areas:-
o Realisation of 3GPP standards covering 4G (LTE) and also 3G / 2G
¿ Air Interface
¿ Radio Resource Control
¿ Mobility management
¿ VoLTE / IMS , ViLTE, VoWiFi ( IR.92/IR.94 Specifications )
¿ Carrier Aggregation including Unlicensed, and FDD/TDD Spectrum
¿ Carrier networks Wi-Fi, licensed and unlicensed convergence, with WLAN MU-MIMO, 802.11ac and 802.11ax.
¿ Antenna technologies (Rx Diversity, MIMO)
¿ UICC / SIM
• Knowledge of Operators/OEM’s go-to-market requirements and compliance
• In addition, a good appreciation & understanding of the application of the following:
o ACQ 100
o Application Processor and micro controllers
o RF controllers & Power management
o UTRAN Architecture and cell planning
o IoE (Internet of Everything)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong relationship building and influencing skills.
• Strong technical background encompassing software and hardware.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Strong team player.
• Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects
• Flexible with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Experience developing international relationships is highly desirable.
This position requires frequent European travel.
Education RequirementsMinimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering with proven track record in modem technologies.
MSc in Communications Engineering