Amazon.com Head of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited EU in Munich, Germany
Amazon FreeTime Unlimited (FTU) brings together books, videos, games and educational apps that kids and parents love. Our best-in-class parental controls and age-appropriate content provide peace of mind for parents. Thousands of the most popular titles create a world of fun for kids.
The Amazon FTU team is building best-in-class software products for kids and families. We have gained critical acclaim and numerous awards including Best Tablet by LovedbyParents and Best Travel Product from Junior Design Awards. Our product has built a loyal customer base and we are constantly innovating to create the best kids’ products in market. Working for FTU offers a creative, fast-paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon’s innovation for kids.
Amazon FTU is looking for an experienced product manager to grow and lead FTU’s EU business. The Senior Product Manager will lead a small cross-functional team comprising marketing, content acquisition and catalog management in the EU. The role has responsibility for day-to-day operations for UK and Germany regions – setting and driving quarterly and annual input goals for subscription growth, in-program customer experience, demand generation, content addition, and other inputs for overall revenue and profitability. The role requires significant collaboration with senior leaders within the EU and US businesses as well as with engineering and management teams in Seattle headquarters.
The ideal candidate will be a leader with a high degree of business acumen and marketing expertise in online retail and/or digital distribution. The candidate will have demonstrated business and/or P&L leadership and launched new products successfully. He/she will be a proven cross-functional and business leader who can make complex, information-based decisions across a business and will thrive in an environment that values thinking big, taking risks and diving deep.
Core responsibilities include:
· Building and managing a high-performing team
· Managing business metrics to meet growth goals
· Improving customer experience
· Building the brand
· Creating marketing plans to generate demand and grow subscriptions
· Developing and managing new and existing content partnerships
· Managing and maintaining catalog content
· Launching new products and features in the region
· Creating flourishing partnerships with other Amazon teams
· Bachelor’s degree
· Proven track record of customer obsession
· 3+ years in leadership role in E-commerce/digital distribution, product marketing or business management
· Proven ability to lead teams
· Ability to think both strategically and tactically, from elevator pitch to diving deep
· Strong numerical and analytical aptitude – ability to analyze and propose data-driven solutions
· Outstanding influencing skills, driving sense of urgency and engagement throughout the organization
· MBA or Master’s degree
· 2+ years people management experience
· Proven ability to build teams
· P&L management experience
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
AMZR Req ID: 458955