Amazon.com AWS Technical Account Manager in Munich, Germany
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence, innovation and customer focus. Amazon’s technology business is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. With Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Developer Support team, you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology interacting with leading companies in this space and engineers within Amazon developing the capability. You will be surrounded by people that are wickedly smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. AWS Developer Support provides technical support to a global list of customers that are building mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. Our team of talented engineers is located in 3 countries around the world to provide support to our customers 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
As more and more large enterprises move their critical systems to the cloud, we are in the need of high powered technical talent to ensure a flawless customer experience. The Enterprise Account Engineer (EAE) functions as part of the Developer Support team to ensure key enterprise customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform serving as their Technical Account Manager. The EAE provides assistance to the customer as an expert on the full line of AWS services and the customer’s architecture in support of strategy questions, project planning and launch and ongoing operational issues. EAE's are engaged at the account level in providing recommendations and proactive advice through all phases of the implementation life cycle. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Assigned to Enterprise Accounts and acts as a single point of contact
• Address all cases from Enterprise customers during business hours
• Open tickets with other software companies, back channel, if needed
• Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer
• Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed pre-launch planning
• Make recommendations on how new AWS offerings fit in the company architecture
• Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (e.g. feature request)
• Participate in customer requested meetings (onsite or via phone)
• Know and use all key customer resolution tools across all service groups to facilitate rapid resolution of customer concerns
• Work with some of the leading technologists around the world
• Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
• Are available in non-business hours to handle urgent issues
· 5/7+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
· Previous customer facing experience as a technical lead
· Strong customer focus and bias for action
· Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
· Bachelor’s degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
· Deep experience in one or more of the following areas:
· Systems administration (Linux and/or Windows)
· Networking (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
· Database (MySQL, SQL, Oracle)
· Software design or development
· Infrastructure architecture
· Content distribution
· IT Security
· Performance Tuning
· Tools for Operations Automation and Configuration Management (e.g. Chef/Puppet)
· Continuous Integration
· 10+ years IT/Technical Industry experience
· Experience with AWS service offerings
· Experience working directly with Enterprise customers
· Technical Program or Project Management experience
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
· Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
· Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
AMZR Req ID: 460331