State Street Accounting Policy Vice President (m/f) in Munich, Germany
WELCOME TO STATE STREET
GET TO KNOW US
What We Do
From our position at the very centre of the global financial system, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. Our systems help them to invest in a broad range of securities across open markets, execute their investment strategy and account for their trades.
We first opened our doors in Europe in 1970 with an office in Munich and expanded our footprint into Frankfurt in 2003. Today, our services in Germany span the investment spectrum, including investment servicing, investment research and trading, and investment management.
Who We Are
- We’re more than 30,000 people in 30 countries. We’re united by a common purpose: to help our institutional investor clients more effectively invest the world’s savings.
- We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do. Our smart, engaged employees are essential to our client service and continued success.
- Our strength comes from within. With the vision of our people, we’re managing and leading change as the global financial services industry evolves.
- We’re committed to helping every employee feel valued so they can meet their full potential. It’s part of our inclusion, development and corporate social responsibility commitment.
CREATE THE FUTURE
We’re looking for motivated people who share our ambition to improve the efficiency of the world’s financial system, interested in working in an environment that emphasises teamwork and integrity. We give our employees the tools to balance their professional and personal life, including paid volunteer days and access to employee networks so they can stay connected to what matters to them.
Whether you’re focused on quality assurance or working across business divisions, starting your career with State Street will build your own future as you help shape the future of financial services.
For the International Financedepartment in our companyState Street Bank International GmbHin Munich, reporting to the EMEA Head of Accounting & Controls in Munich with a dual reporting line to the Director Global Accounting Policy in Boston,we are looking for an Accounting Policy Vice President (m/f) – Job ID 144160. See major responsibilities and required skillset below.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with finance partners and other internal clients to understand the business and provide ongoing guidance on new business initiatives
- Work independently to research and analyze proposed and/or completed transactions in State Street’s EMEA organization, and author technical accounting memorandums documenting those transactions
- Support the local Heads of Accounting in EMEA with the correct reflection of such transactions in the financial statements both under local GAAP (e.g. German GAAP, IFRS) and under US GAAP
- Support the implementation of new accounting standards such as IFRS 9
- Monitor, assess and communicate the effects of proposed US GAAP and IFRS accounting standard changes
- Prepare and deliver training programs and other communications to educate the global finance organization on accounting changes
- Work in a fast paced, challenging and collaborative team environment with multiple and competing priorities
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor or Master degree in accounting / economics; additional professional qualification (e.g. Wirtschaftsprüfer, CPA) is required
- Several years of relevant experience, including technical accounting and/or policy experience with excellent knowledge of IFRS; US GAAP knowledge is a plus
- Experience in the financial service industry / Big 4 financial service department and in the accounting of financial instruments is a strong plus
- Experience in working abroad and/or in multinational environments at best
- Proficiency in English; fluency in German or other languages beneficial
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills, a passion for problem-solving, performing independent technical research and writing extensively
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely
- High level of interpersonal skills and integrity
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize competing deliverables and meet deadlines
Please visit statestreet.com/careersand click on “Job Opportunities” to search and apply for open positions. Please include your salary expectations.
Job Title: Accounting Policy Vice President (m/f)
Job ID: 144160
Full/Part Time: Full FTE
Location: Germany - Munich