GE Business Development/ Field Apps Specialist - Genomics (m/f) in London, Germany
Healthcare Life Sciences
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Business Development/ Field Apps Specialist - Genomics (m/f)
Special Sales Group
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available Germany
London, Oxford, Cambridge, Munich, Southern Germany
Business Development/Field Applications Specialist: This is an opportunity to work in a global blue-chip company who are investing in the future growth of the Genomics and Cellular Research consumables business.
The incumbent will own the Commercial part of the pre- to post-sales process for the Genomic consumable portfolio and will be an integral part of the commercial matrix organisation. The position is based out of the United Kingdom but will cover focus accounts across Europe.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Develop and maintain strong customer relationships at strategic customer sites with expertise in the fields of Genomics and Sequencing related research and technologies.
• Work with the local teams to deliver high customer satisfaction whilst utilizing to optimum level resources in the team and GE Life Science businesses.
• Maximize sales orders, margin, market share, customer satisfaction of the Genomic consumable product portfolio and business solutions in assigned area, customer profile and focused market segment.
• Initiate sales and provide support of the Genomic consumable product range to customers, direct sales teams and distributors, both during and post sales.
• Organize product evaluations, sites visits and follow up.
• Track market effectively and provide accurate data on current market and forecasts using information tools available.
• Communicate market information effectively to/from the field including competitor data.
• Communicate effectively with members of sales/marketing/product management team to maximize all sales potential and communicate leads to relevant colleagues.
• Generate, record and maintain customer profiles in SFDC, including keeping track of key decision makers.
• Maintain a high level of technical and commercial competence on relevant Genomic techniques and applications and helping to pass this knowledge on to the rest of the sales team.
• Ensure knowledge of and compliance of Company policies and quality processes.
• Organize/support the sales and marketing organization at exhibitions, focus panels, conferences, etc. Develop and maintain good communications with key scientific opinion and relevant business leaders.
• Participate in and contribute to regional sales team meetings.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills/Competencies Required
• Education – Tertiary degree in Molecular Biology or affiliated field such as Neuroscience (with genetics), PhD in Molecular Biology preferred or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Proven experience in a field-based commercial, sales role
• A proven track-record of commercial execution i.e. being able to communicate technical specifications and key benefits to prospective customers.
• Experience in understanding customer needs and business drivers
• Excellent interpersonal skills including, team working skills and good communication skills
• Persistence and tenacity in driving excellence in customer care with strong analytical and presentation skills
• Self-starter able to manage time and organize and prioritize workload, especially as a Business Development/Application specialist who is expected to be in the field most of the week
• Fluent English both written and oral. Knowledge of other European languages is an advantage but not essential
• Valid motor vehicle license
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website