Army Installation Management Command Director, Religious Education in Kaiserslautern, Germany
Army Installation Management Command
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Kaiserslautern, Germany
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Wednesday 11/23/2016 (12 day(s) ago)
** Closes Monday 12/5/2016 (0 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This is an excepted service appointment. If a current federal employee with career or career conditional status is hired for this position, the employee will be required to sign a memorandum of understanding prior to being converted to the excepted service.
Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
About the Location:
This position is located in Kaiserslautern, Germany. Kaiserslautern has developed into the largest US military community outside the United States. The city of Kaiserslautern is nestled in the small hills west of the Rhine River Valley, on the edge of the famous German Pfalz forest. Although the climate is changeable much of the time, the area does enjoy many pleasant days with reasonable temperatures. The winter is short and mild with some snowfall. The summer is generally warm and comfortable, with few hot days. Kaiserslautern has over 100,000 residents and an additional 50,000 personnel associated with the American Armed Forces. For additional information please visit http://www.kaiserslautern.army.mil/
Who May Apply:
Applicants who meet the employment authority category below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- ALL U.S. CITIZENS
- Army employees who currently hold Schedule A Excepted Service Religious Education positions must submit a copy of their current SF50 (Notification of Personnel Action) that reflects the highest grade held on a permanent basis.
You will serve as the Senior Director, Religious Education at the USAG Rheinland Pfalz; ensure that Soldiers, reservists, authorized civilians, and Family members are afforded religious education programs, which allow them to exercise their religious beliefs regardless of faith group; advise Garrison Chaplain on multiple faith groups for installation; provide guidance in matters of religious education; review and evaluate religious education and youth ministry needs and programs; develop curriculum, theological instruction, teacher training and volunteer requirements; assess resource needs and deficits in order to meet the needs of religious education program across the installation; provide marketing and advertising for emphasis on religious education and youth ministry; act as a liaison between congregations in planning community wide programs; assure religious education and youth ministry volunteer packets are current and accurate; and coordinate annual installation-level training conference for religious education and youth ministry personnel.
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight business travel is required up to 10% of the time
- Relocation expenses are autorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulation and an agency determination that relocation expenses is in the Government's Interest.
- Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230
- Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience;
Candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications (See AR 165-1):
For the GS-11
A Master of Religious Education degree or its equivalent from an accredited graduate school, and a minimum of 5 years documented professional experience leading a religious education program.
A Master's Degree in any discipline other than religious education which includes a minimum of 24 documented credits in religious education and a minimum of 5 years of documented professional religious education experience.
For the GS-12
A Master's Degree in Religious Education AND 5 years of full time experience, serving as an Army Director of Religious Education, GS 1701-11.
A Master's Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 24 graduate credits in Religious Education AND 5 years of full time experience, serving as an Army Director of Religious Education, GS 1701-11.
Best qualified applicants must show in their resume that they have experience which has provided the following:
- Religious Education Program Management and Administration.
- Religious Education Course and curriculum development, evaluation, and selection.
- Multi-faith religious education program awareness and coordination where possible.
- Religious developmental theory and basic principles of faith formation.
- Experience designing spiritual formation venues for children, youth, adults, and intergenerational groupings.
- Coordination of Youth Ministries.
- Religious education volunteer teacher/leader training experience. Religious volunteer management experience.
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
There is an education requirement for this position:
A Master of Religious Education degree or its equivalent from an accredited graduate school.
A Master's Degree in any discipline other than religious education which includes a minimum of 24 documented credits in religious education.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the US Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or substitute education for experience. Additional information: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign Education: Education that has been completed in a foreign college or university may be used to meet the job requirements. In order to receive credit in the examination for your foreign education, you must have your foreign education evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education credentials. Such education must be declared the equivalent of similar undergraduate or graduate work in a U.S. institution. Please include this information in your resume.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position has specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 1 with SCHR and a SECRET security clearance. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT: The Chief of Chaplains requires that only applicants who have been certified at a grade level equivalent to or higher than the stated grade of this position or those currently serving in a validated Army RE position will be considered fully qualified applicants.To be certified for positions in the Religious Education Career Field, applicants must:1. Email a copy of their USAJobs/USA Staffing-generated resume to: Donald.firstname.lastname@example.org (The USAJobs resume builder system has an option built in to the program for forwarding copies to other agencies - see bottom of vacancy announcement for instructions on building a resume in USAJobs or self-nominating for a position.)2. Request transcripts w/official seal be sent directly from all accredited college/universities/theological schools to: HQ IMCOM Religious Support ATTN: Mr. Donald Ericson 2405 Gun Shed Road, Bldg. 2261 JBSA Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234PLEASE NOTE: Only official transcripts sent directly from the accredited academic institution and postmarked by the closing date of the announcement will be considered. Please do not send any documents other than your resume and transcripts. All other information will not be considered and must be discarded. Submission of the USAJobs generated resume, for the purposes of certification by the Office of the Chief of Chaplains, is in addition to the documents the applicant sends to CPOC or submits digitally as part of the self-nomination process.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Applicants must comply with the Exceptional Family Member Program requirements as outlined in the DoD Instruction 1315.19 at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/131519p.pdf.
- U.S. citizens overseas under ordinarily resident status are not eligible for appointment under the Status of Forces Agreement.
- Locality pay does not apply in the overseas area.
- On this overseas accompanied tour, medical and DoDDS special education services may not be available in the immediate location of this position.
- In the overseas areas, access for civilian employees and their families to military medical and dental treatment facilities is on a space-available and reimbursable basis only. Medical care may be provided by host nation providers. The availability and level of care at host nation medical facilities will vary by location.
- Movement overseas may require you to initiate a change in your health benefits plan to ensure coverage.
- Pay retention may be offered to successful applicants for positions at overseas locations. For this provision to apply to employees already overseas, the selected individual would have to require a permanent change of station move and would have to be selected as a result of a recruitment effort that had been extended outside of the overseas command involved.
- Selectees initially recruited from the United States may receive certain foreign area benefits such as: Living Quarters Allowance (LQA) or government quarters, home leave, etc. (Subject to approval)
- Selectees recruited outside the U.S. will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined at the time of hire.
- Overseas allowances may be authorized in accordance with Department of State Standardized Regulation (DSSR) and DoDI 1400.25 volume 1250. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V1250.pdf
- For positions in a foreign country, that country's laws or international agreements may have a direct impact on the ability of an employee's same sex domestic partner or spouse to accompany the employee and receive certain benefits. If you believe you may be affected by these laws and agreements, you should familiarize yourself with relevant information before applying for or accepting this position.
- This is a Career Program (CP) Position: CP-32.
- Selectees will have their eligibility for foreign area benefits determined during the hiring process.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations.
- Temporary Duty (TDY) travel is 10 percent.
- Management may select at either of the grade levels announced.
Salary Range: $51,811.00 to $80,731.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-1701-11/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 454231100
Job Announcement Number: EUHU167623171831340