DynCorp International LLC. Aircraft Mechanic II (UH-60A/L Mechanic) in HOHENFELS, Germany
The Aircraft Mechanic II performs, and inspects aviation unit (AVUM), intermediate (AVIM) and depot maintenance on assigned aircraft systems.
- Perform the full range of military tactical aircraft maintenance with a primary expertise as a UH-60 A/L mechanic, repair functions including assembly and modification on a variety of Army and other DoD cross-service aircraft, their major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, and related systems.
- Install, connect, and adjust complete systems such as fuel, heat, lubrication, hydraulic, engine, and transmission: install and align fuselage parts; balance, align, and install tail rotor assemblies; rig complete flight control systems.
- Incorporate authorized modifications and changes.
- Make operational checks of hydraulic and fuel systems using external power sources and powered ground equipment.
- Inspect and troubleshoot to determine cause of malfunctions; disassemble to point of trouble; adjust, repair, realign or replace defective component or assembly.
- Must be able to properly use a variety of common hand tools and measuring devices such as gauges, torque wrenches and scales and test, measurement and diagnostic equipment related to specific aircraft models.
- Must be able to determine when faulty systems or assemblies can be corrected through repair of replacement of new parts and the nature and extent of repair required.
- Direct the work of lower-graded mechanics for complete assembly, modification and checkout of the entire aircraft and coordinate with related trades such as general mechanics and sheet metal to assure proper sequence of the complete aircraft assembly process.
- Prepare forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
- Perform additions duties as required
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess good communication skills.
- Ability to read, apply and interpret technical data.
- Capable of troubleshooting entire aircraft system.
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical and associated systems principles to complete properly all probable work tasks.
- Knowledge of Quality Control, Production and Supply procedures required to perform job assignment.
- Strong background in the Contract Field Team Maintenance concept and its application to U.S. Military maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems.
Experience & Education
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience in maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems of the type being serviced and their associated components.
- Certification of education level is required.
- Previous experience with the Contract Field Team Maintenance concept and its application to U.S. Military maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems preferred.
- FAA A&P; or FCC Elements 1 and 3 required.
- National Security Position (National Agency Check with written Inquires (NACI) or Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) qualification required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- Frequently lift parts and equipment up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Most heavy lifting is accomplished through the use of mechanical devices.
- Must be immediately deployable to potential combat areas worldwide.
- As required in support of task order.
Primary Location: GERMANY-OCONUS-HOHENFELS
Job Posting: Nov 4, 2016, 2:02:17 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1603885