Marriott Director Interior Design, Luxury in Hessen, Germany
The Director, Interior Design leads the design review and guidance process for assigned new-build and renovation projects with responsibility for producing results reflecting current hospitality interior design trends and Marriott brand direction/standards with focus on efficiency, cost effectiveness and accountability.
The Director, Interior Design is responsible for multiple Marriott brands and new-build and renovation projects throughout the Europe region.
The Director, Interior Design (luxury) is responsible for the Marriott full service brands with predominant specialization on the Marriott luxury brands and project work on new-build, conversion and renovation projects throughout the Europe region.
- Location requirements: Marriott Corporate Office Eschborn, Germany.
- Language Requirements: High proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is required. Proficiency in other European languages is desirable.
- Travel Requirements: 60 % business travel required.
Global Design / Interior Design Leadership:
- Manage design and quality assurance for renovation and new development projects for the Europe region from concept to completion gaining the trust and respect of both internal and external customers.
- Assist operating hotels with preparing renovation plans, assisting to define scope of works and design briefs.
- Assess performance of qualified interior design consultants and support the development of a consultant resource list for luxury projects
- Provide guidance on consultant scope and selection.
- Assess existing properties for potential conversion to Marriott brands and prepare Property Improvement Plans.
- Liaise with designers, owners, franchisees and hotels on renovation projects; from presentation of briefs, detailed reviews of designs and standards to ensure compliance to Brand strategies/standards, specifications and budget through to project sign off.
- Assist and participate in value engineering process to assure adherence to the overall budget for renovation and new development projects.
- Review and comment on interior design drawings and specifications submitted by various consultants within the time constraints, ensuring that the designs are brand compliant and on strategy for all areas of existing and new development hotel projects.
- Work with owner, property managers and consultants to prepare successful presentations and present at the Continent Design Review meeting to obtain continent executive approval.
- Review model guestroom design to ensure it meets the brand requirements. Carry out inspection of model room s interior architecture and FFE package; assist with value engineering alternatives.
- Attend project meetings and represent the company during any discussions related to interior design.
- Maintain knowledge of hospitality design trends, reference projects and competitive brands/properties and apply to projects.
- Contribute continent specific design expertise to brand and product development initiatives.
Financial and Accounting Management
- Manage and work within professional fee and expense budgets.
- Prepare appropriate fee and expense estimates for Work Orders, DRA/TSA s, and input on department budget planning.
- Assist with staff selection and performance management.
- Supervise, direct, motivate and train assigned staff and outsourcing consultants
- Active support of the development and extension of the portfolio of qualified ID consultants for luxury projects
- Work with Owners and their consultants to implement Brand strategy and standards in new development projects through concept and schematic design, design development, construction and pre-opening phases.
- Represent Marriott s interests and develop/maintain interactive and mutually beneficial business relationships with owner and their consultant teams throughout the Europe region
- Complies with Marriott Hotel Holding GmbH and Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
Marriott International offers you the opportunity to find the hospitality job and career journey that s right for you. With more than 5700 properties and 30 brands you ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Find Your World at Marriott.
- Minimum 12 years design experience including time working in the hospitality industry
- Hotel interior design experience; new build, conversion and renovation projects
- Strong background in interior architecture and FF&E on international, high profile luxury projects
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Good understanding of hospitality brands, design trends, design processes and products
- Broad knowledge of renovation process and projects
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Highly flexible and open-minded nature
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Complex problem solving skills
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION:
- 4-year degree from an accredited interior design program
- NCIDQ certificate preferred
- Professional association membership preferred
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Global Design
Requisition ID: 16001QYH