Expedia Senior Web Developer - SEO Platform (m/f) in Hamburg, Germany
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines.
For our team based in Hamburg, Germany we are searching for a
Senior Web Developer - SEO Platform (m/f)
As part of the global Engineering Team you will help us to create a brand new global SEO Platform for our millions of daily users containing more than 2 million automatically created landing pages. Our challenge is to create an efficient and effective SEO Platform that serves our supply organization, our marketing organization, their marketing campaign management and our awareness of global events.
You will be working within a team of highly motivated and skilled developers who love solving challenging problems with innovative solutions.
- Design and build a multilingual Global SEO Platform
- Code reusable, clean and easily testable software in a huge environment of challenging complexity
- Implement the product vision from a technical perspective
- Support and advise the Marketing and Product Teams with deep technical insights
- Evaluate and estimate the implications of SEO strategies on our technology stack
- Actively question established approaches and raise the level of innovation to overhead the competitors in a fiercely contested market
- Oversee, mentor, and train the Engineering Team
- Identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our Platforms and development processes
- Take operational ownership
- Monitor the application to ensure technical and business health of the platform
- Evaluate your contributions to the business in terms of business metrics
What you bring to this job:
- Several years of relevant working experience in building and maintaining large, high-performance, distributed and scalable systems - ideally in a SEO-driven environment
- Expert knowledge in Software Development using modern web frameworks like Phoenix, Grails, Ruby on Rails or Django
- Expert knowledge in designing databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Strong knowledge of software development concepts aka Design Patterns
- Deep understanding of why automated tests are important and how to write them
- Proficiency in English
- The ability to talk, teach, and learn
- Patience, curiosity, maturity, commitment, passion, and ownership
In addition we would appreciate:
- Experience working with “The Phoenix Framework”, Spring or Ruby On Rails
- Working knowledge in building cloud infrastructure
- Experience using Docker
- Experience shipping API-driven applications (XML/JSON)
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Deep working knowledge in using GIT
What we offer:
We offer a great opportunity to work for one of Expedias Travel brands based in Hamburg. You will find a start-up-like, friendly and hands-on environment while having the resources, benefits and network of a large, multi-national online e-commerce company (sister brands include: Expedia.com, Trivago.de, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com and more).
The Hamburg team is fun, passionate, talented, a little quirky, serious about it's business and it loves technology. It is also highly team-oriented and believes that engineering is a social activity where communication and innovation benefit from proximity.
Come and join us:
- We work hard and are passionate about improving our product and customer experience.
- We provide competitive compensation, performance bonus, premium benefits including pension benefits, medical care, life assurance, vacation & time off and much more.
Relocation assistance is available for this opening, however existing employment visas for the European Union are strongly preferred.
*Who are we: *
- We believe in being Different. We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
- We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
- We organize for Speed. We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
- We believe in the Scientific Method. Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
- We Lead Humbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
- We act as One Team. We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 22 Days Ago
- Full time