Google Product Marketing Manager Mobile and VR, Hardware Marketing in Hamburg, Germany
Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
The Hardware and Retail Marketing team is tasked with bringing Google brand and products story to different partners (retailers, carriers) as well as managing the communication to consumers using different channels. This team is also responsible for bringing the new designs, experiences and technologies to showcase the best of Google, presenting an optimal Hardware experience as well as bringing Google-branded hardware (Nexus, Chromecast, accessories) to consumers through multiple channels (retail and communications). We work with global and regional teams as well as closely partner with retailers, operators and other channel partners.
- Launch and manage exciting new products from Mobile, VR to a range of accessories as a member of Google’s growing Hardware team.
- Understand user behavior, market and industry dynamics and use this knowledge to shape marketing and go-to-market strategies
- Ensure a consistent and strong messaging along all stages of the user journey - from generating awareness through to driving sales and post-purchase experiences
- Develop strong relationships with Sales, Product, Program Managers and PR in order to develop and plan significant launch moments throughout the year
- Monitor campaign results, analyze key metrics, and optimize campaigns to drive growth
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Consumer Product Marketing experience including managing creative/media agencies
- Ability to speak and write English and German fluently and idiomatically
- Experience in marketing management within the Mobile and/or Consumer Electronics business and an understanding of the DACH Retail/Carrier landscape
- Experience in effectively delivering large-scale and/or multiple projects in fast-moving environments
- Proven track record of product marketing excellence with experience working in digital media and technology
- Ability to think strategically and creatively based on a passion for understanding the user leading to thoughtful recommendations, actions plans and campaigns