DNV GL Head of Section Loads Hamburg in Hamburg, Germany
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
• Disciplinary responsibility for the section Loads Hamburg
• Manage and lead the section to ensure proper performance and fulfilment of related KPIs
• Manage and lead technical projects on time and on budget with focus on type and project certification and on site-specific load assessments
• Proactive development and maintenance of customer relationships
• Act as a competent partner for the customers including monitoring and supporting customer needs
• Provide support and advise the customers in the complete certification process
• Ensure delivery and execution of services according to customers’ needs based on feedback received
• University degree in Engineering or similar qualification
• Preferably expertise in loads for onshore or offshore wind turbines
• Experience in leading and developing teams
• Fluent English language skills; additional German and other language skills can be an advantage
• Strong ability to build relationships and act as partner for internal and external customers
• Excellent organizational skills with a structured and solution-oriented approach
• High communicational skills and ability to deal with conflicts
• High degree of flexibility and ability to work in teams
• Good business acumen to ensure also proper financial performance of section
Requisition ID: 2016-8275
Position Type: Permanent employment