Expedia Content Specialist / Editor (m/f) in Hamburg, Germany
Part of the Hotwire Group, CarRentals.com is the premier car rental booking company on the web, offering advanced, easy-to-use technologies to consumers and select vendor partners alike. The site connects directly with suppliers’ inventory to provide consumers with value-priced one-way or round trip car rentals at thousands of on and off-airport locations worldwide, with big brand names like Hertz and Enterprise, as well as smaller regional carriers, like Ace and U-Save.
Our Hamburg (Germany) based, SEO team is looking for a
Content Specialist / Editor (m/f)
to oversee and drive CarRental´s content program.
As part of our SEO team you will be responsible for defining and executing the content strategy for multiple brands and markets. This includes various types of content such as homepage, landing page, blog and editorial content.
Serving as the internal content expert / content manager you work closely with other departments, understand customer needs and identify new content opportunities.
- Global responsibility for content & copywriting for our international websites in US & EMEA markets
- Identify customer needs and create tailored content along the customer journey that converts and supports channel growth
- Build highly engaging content campaigns that help to grow domain authority, brand awareness and organic traffic
- Oversee and manage a global team of freelancers or agencies in various languages
- Create briefings and define standards for content creation
- 3y+ experience in writing, editing and managing freelancers in an online environment
- Native English speaker, additional languages are a plus (German, French, Italian, Spanish, ...)
- You know how content contributes to business targets and you are able to measure the impact of your work
- Knowledge of content management systems (Wordpress, Alchemy) and content automation at scale
- Basic SEO knowledge and content marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Superb communication skills
- Show attention to detail and passionate about travel
Strengths You'll Need:
- You should be a creative mastermind with project management skills
- You show high level of ownership and ability to work in a fast paced environment
Please note that native English is a requirement for this job. In some cases, we offer relocation and Visa assistance.
What we offer ?
We offer a great opportunity to work in a start-up environment while having the resources, benefits and network of a large, multi-national online ecommerce company (sister brands include: Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com and more). We work hard and are passionate about improving our product and customer experience. We are fun, passionate, talented, a little quirky, and serious about our business and love technology.
Who are we?
- We believe in being Different.We seek new ideas, different ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous. Because of this belief, our norms aren't rules or universal at all corners of our company. But they are important to our identity and how we work together. Like our company, these norms will evolve.
- We are Transparent. We communicate openly and honestly, at all levels, upwards, sideways and downwards. We surface difficult issues quickly, we act, we learn.
- We organize for Speed. We seek to gather data as fast as possible, and move. Speed allows us to make mistakes and constantly improve.
- We believe in the Scientific Method.Everyone’s ideas are equal in the face of hard data. We use data to guide but not define our actions.
- We Lead Humbly. Our leaders serve their teams. None of us has all of the answers, but we are curious and we are always looking to learn. Though our leaders take their responsibilities to our business and their teams incredibly seriously, they never take themselves too seriously.
- We act as One Team. We look to optimize for the greater good, not just our own, or even our own teams' interests. We are actively interested in the success of others.
Want to be part of our family?
Find out more at www.carrentals.com and www.lifeatexpedia.com
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 18 Days Ago
- Full time