Google Associate Product Marketing Manager (APMM), Retail Marketing Programs in Hamburg, Germany
As an Associate Product Marketing Manager, you are a fully dedicated business leader, shaping the future of one of our many Google products. Whether you're on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (AdWords, AdSense, DoubleClick, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product's journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Retail Associate Product Marketing Manager (APMM), you will be responsible for owning marketing initiatives that bring the Google and Android brand to life in third party retail/telco environments.
Our Retail team is a small group of innovation-minded marketers dedicated to growing Google’s business by driving adoption of Google’s platforms on mobile and in the living room. You will be focused on reinforcing this mission by owning retail programs end-to-end: strategy, agencies, creatives, budgets, internal/external stakeholders, and reporting/KPIs. Externally, you will foster key strategic retail partnerships and manage staffing/creative agencies. Internally, you will work closely with the central retail team and cross-functional teams across hardware sales, retail operations, legal and more.
You will play a key role in all phases of a project-conceptualizing, building, executing, and reporting. You should have excellent project management skills, analytical skills to deliver compelling insights, creativity to innovate in traditional retail, and agility to move fast and iterate.
- Develop retail strategy and own executions for Google-led platforms and device launches. Create new retail concepts/pilots and test for scalability and potential impact.
- Use analytics to drive performance of our retail activities measuring engagement among third party retail associates and prioritize initiatives based on highest potential impact.
- Own key retail/telco partner relationships.
- Partner with the global and local retail Partner Marketing Managers, retail operations, hardware sales, legal, and other internal stakeholders. Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that measure the effectiveness of our activities and share best practices across the region and with the global team.
- Work with third party retail in managing quality standards for in-store deployments (third party merchandising, auditing, mystery shopping, etc.). Develop learnings and continuously optimize presences. Coordinate planning and execution of Point of Sale promotions.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Professional experience.
- Experience with mobile, CE retail, and Google's position.
- Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently and idiomatically.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment and track multiple simultaneous projects and deliverables. Excellent project management skills. Experience at a leading retailer, telco, hardware, tech, FMCG or strategy consulting firm in Germany.
- Demonstrated success in project management or operations involving fast moving timelines, complex logistics, many simultaneously moving parts, and coordinating across timezones. Ability to conduct market research to evaluate retail activities including mystery shopping and in-store qualitative and quantitative studies.
- Adaptable, flexible, capable of working both independently and in teams, and demonstrate a strong ability to quickly build expertise in new areas and projects.
- Expert in managing a breadth of marketing agency partners and developing best-in-class creative work.
- Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with the most senior levels of management within Google and across external partners
- Entrepreneurial spirit, fun charismatic people person, thrives on speaking to anyone and making connections between teams. Eager to build something exciting and getting involved.