Amazon.com Program Manager Start Up SME in Graben, Germany
Within EU (European) Operations we have a significant opportunity to drive improvements in Fulfillment Centers (FCc) performance by benchmarking current FCs globally, identifying best practice and creating and deploying new technical standards. We can also deliver step changes in process path performance via the identification and deployment of new and improved software and the introduction of automation to key process paths (e.g. KIVA). The EU Process Engineering team sit in the center of this exciting and vital program of work.
The EU Amazon Customer Excellence System team (ACES) is seeking an enthusiastic, data-driven and technology-minded Process Manager to contribute to the continuous improvement of the EU Operations network.
The Process Engineering team’s mission is to support Fulfillment Center (FC) process improvement on behalf of Amazon customers. This mission is delivered through creation and implementation of FC process, software and equipment standards, by providing process skills to FC leaders, by providing end-to-end support and definition for FC launches, by rolling out of software projects aligned with OP2 initiatives, by providing ad-hoc FC process support, by supporting Standard Work and Kaizen events and by running and coordinating selected cross-functional projects and being the primary Operations liaison with other departments including Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT), Retail, Vendor Operations etc.
The Program Manager will partner with existing Process Managers and SMEs to contribute to development work and tactically execute improvement plans.
Key Job Responsibilities:
New FC Launch : Ensure new FC Launches are delivered on-time meeting business requirements from a process and software perspective
Ensure virtual and physical process are set up to the latest standard at new sites
Development of global relationships to ensure stakeholder alignment on process set up at the new sites
FC Build Out Support : Ensure process support is provided to FC Build Out activities
Development of Standards. Lead the development and implementation of EU process standards across the top process paths (by labor hours), focusing on the core processes with which to establish a standard platform for new and existing FCs
Support real-time problem solving by way of need-based FC support and trouble ticket queue maintenance
Degree qualified in a Science or Logistics based discipline or a direct MBA graduate. Six Sigma Green or Operational Black Belts welcome
· 2+ years demonstrated strong track record of team leadership or technical roles within a large scale, rapid and process driven environment, in an Operations, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Transportation, General Management or Engineering function
· Experience influencing cross-functional teams to deliver a network-wide change agenda across multiple countries
· Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen techniques
· Excellent analytical skills and the ability to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios
· Experience measuring key operational metrics (e.g. FC throughputs, order cycle time, ship estimate accuracy, click to deliver times, inventory record defect rates etc.)
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Fluent in English
· Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel and the MS Office package
· Ability to travel for up to 50% of your time to analyze, implement and monitor best practice solutions
· Knowledge of at least one other EU language (French, German, Italian or Spanish advantageous)
· Knowledge of Oracle SQL, MYSQL or related query tools
· Experience working with Software Development Engineers to develop technical solutions to operational problems
- Project Management certification
AMZR Req ID: 460912