Coherent Manager Internal Audit (Germany) m/f in Göttingen, Germany
Manager Internal Audit (Germany) m/f
Job ID #:6166Location:Germany - Göttingen
Functional Area:Accounting / FinanceEducation Required:Bachelors Degree
Position Type:Full Time - RegularRelocation Provided:No
Experience Required:5 - 7 YearsTier
Job Description and Responsibilities
This role will be based in Germany and will primarily support regional audit efforts within our European operations.
The Internal Audit Department at Coherent identifies, documents and tests key risks, controls and business processes; reviews findings with management and provides recommendations for issue resolution. The function partners with cross-functional groups in the implementation of process improvements and systems projects that deliver value to Coherent’s business and ensure effective internal controls.
The individual will be responsible for performing independent internal audit projects, as part of the overall internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Work performed will include coverage of functional and operating units, focusing on financial, IT and operational processes. Additionally, the individual assists Internal Audit management with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business. The individual directs and reviews the work performed by others and/or works with resources from a co-sourcing firm.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage and execute the company's SOX 404 compliance program.
• Manage timelines and internal/external resources to achieve program objectives.
• Track remediation activities to resolution.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the annual audit plan.
• Prepare and execute audit programs.
• Oversee the preparation of reports and recommend improvements in internal controls, operations and related policies and procedures.
Education and Work Experience
Education and Work Experience:
• Thorough understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively interface with all levels of management, employees and other control partners to analyze business risks and controls.
• Solid audit experience in areas beyond SOX compliance including financial, operational, and IT audits.
• Exhibit the leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change.
• Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO, COBIT and risk assessment practices.
• Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
• Strong project management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Highly motivated with ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities, and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
• Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
• CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
• 5+ years of public accounting and/or private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas
• Prior Oracle system and/or Manufacturing experience is a strong plus.
• Experience with Computer Assisted Audit Tools e.g. ACL Software for business analytic