NAVTEQ Sr Engineer in Frankfurt, Germany
HERE, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
HERE Platform for Business team is recruiting a (Senior) Software Engineer Partner Ecosystems. The HERE Platform for Platform enables fast, easy, cost-efficient creation of customizable location-aware experiences spanning desktop, mobile or web use.
Our platform services are expressly built for Enterprise and enable
- access to the world’s best map, including point addressing, census data, postal code boundaries, truck-related driving data and POIs, parking restrictions, and more
- simplified development with geo-coding and multi-reverse geocoding, vehicle and pedestrian routing, traffic-enabled routing, truck, and more
As a (Senior) Software Engineer for our HERE Platform for Business Partner Ecosystems you will be a key member of our growing team, developing industry-leading interfaces to connect and enable our HERE Platform for Business to run seamlessly with the software solutions from our partners. This is an experienced position that requires fluency in the latest Java capabilities and improvements. The ideal candidate is motivated to explore and deliver the best possible solutions to our customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing RESTful web services. You should have a strong passion for technology as evidenced by your personal projects that demonstrate your aptitude for superior engineering and strong customer-centric product sense. You should enjoy working outside the comfort zone and love to learn new technologies.The position will be based in Frankfurt and will report to the Team Lead Development Team Partner Ecosystems.
You will be part of our agile development team (we are using Scrum) and work with high-quality code (Unit Test, Continuous Integration) on customizations and solutions with use of Java Enterprise and Web Services (Tomcat, RestEasy), Spring Framework (Core, MVC) and databases (JDBC, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite)
- Develop interfaces / web services to integrate our platform services with Enterprise Resource Planning or Customer Relationship Management Software (e.g. SAP, Oracle)
- Work together with several Map Service development teams
- Design & optimize the extensions in close cooperation with key customers
- Implement test and demo tools
- Software engineering degree (or equiv.)
- 2 to 5+ years of experience
- Development experience with Enterprise Resource Planning or Customer Relationship Management Software (e.g. SAP, Oracle)
- Java and / or C++ and SQL
- Web Service development / hosting
- Experience in international projects and / or international business
- Self-driven, excellent English
- Experience with cloud based environments is a plus
Job: Research & Software Development
Primary Location: Europe-Germany-Germany-Frankfurt
Req ID: 1600036693