Amazon.com Senior Operations Manager (m/f) in Frankenthal (Pfalz), Germany
Business area: Operations – Fulfilment Centre
Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good. The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Centres are responsible for controlling the vast range of fast paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it. For more information about Amazon Operations, visit our microsite: http://myamazonjob.com/location/frankenthal
Role: Senior Operations Manager (m/f)
The role of senior Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on and on bottom line performance within the Fulfilment Centre. Reporting directly to the General Manager of your site, you will be providing motivational and inspirational leadership to Operations and Area Managers, helping them develop themselves, their teams and every aspect of their departments. As a Senior Operations Manager, you will design and implement numerous improvement projects (KAIZEN), aimed at streamlining activities, while driving up performance and quality. Taking part in site, regional and global initiatives, you will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions. You will be given a real opportunity to shape your area with ideas that could be rolled out across the Amazon network. Whatever you focus on, it will be aimed at ensuring service excellence, whilst continuously improving our processes.
You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of either Outbound or Inbound area of Operations within our Fulfilment Centre SITE. The extent of your duties will include:
• Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
• Overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of site operations functions, including full accountability for setting and achieving operational goals, strategic planning, analysis and forecasting.
• Drive process improvements by using LEAN/ Six Sigma/ Kaizen methodologies to enhance our productivity and make our customer experience better than ever.
• Business analysis and partnership across Amazon with Retail and Finance leaders to develop new operating opportunities.
• Manage a team of Operations and Area Manager as direct reports, with responsibility of a large department within a time-critical and demanding environment. This will include clarifying requirements and expectations for Operations Managers, Area Managers and Team Leaders.
• Leverage ideas of Area Managers and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the Fulfilment Centre and take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
• Be a Subject-Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the fulfilment centres, i.e. 5s audits, alignment with Standard Work procedures across the network.
• Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labour and daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals. Manage and report KPI analysis daily.
The successful candidate will:
• Have strong people management experience, excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working with customers internally and externally.
• Possess excellent business judgment, able to step back and look at long term vision for the department growth. Be resourceful, able to manage ambiguity and prepared to get involved if needed.
• Be competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track-record of achieving results in a similar fast- paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment.
• Demonstrate a strong track record of problem solving and solid analytical skill capability to look at and find solutions for a variety of operational challenges.
• Extensive project and change management expertise.
• Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Work shifts, including weekends, in an operational 7/365 environment. Willing to relocate if necessary
• Ideally degree qualified in Engineering or a Supply Chain/Logistics/ Manufacturing related discipline or MBA graduate.
• Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organisation offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 80 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you’ll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don’t like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It’s that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It’s as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
AMZR Req ID: 443819