Microsoft Corporation Windows Technical Solutions Professional (m/f) in Cologne, Germany
Job Locations: Munich, Cologne, Berlin, Hamburg, Walldorf, Stuttgart, Bad Homburg
Windows 10 excitement marks a pivotal moment for the Commercial business to transform the commercial value-proposition and make Windows 10 the best enterprise operating system ever. The Windows TSP will land new productivity, security and deployment scenarios in a rapidly changing technology and device world. The Windows TSP is dedicated to win the hearts and minds of customers through technical guidance and overall evangelism of Windows as a Service to drive rapid Windows 10 adoption and deployment in FY16/17 and beyond.
As a Windows TSP you will be part of a team of specialized technical resources that supports Microsoft Field sales teams in large sales and deployments of Windows 10. You will be a deep technical expert on Windows 10 and will play a critical role in the largest and most complex deployments. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in customer facing roles,
be a deep subject matter expert in operating systems, identity & security, manageability and will have had a successful track record in large-scale Enterprise Windows customer environments.
The Windows TSP role will play a paramount role in delivering and landing key technical and selling insights into the Field to scale the adoption of Windows 10. Specific roles and responsibilities include:
• Be a deep subject matter expert on Microsoft Windows operating systems in enterprise scenarios. Areas of focus include security, identity, management, serviceability and app deployment, including through Windows Store.
• Partner with the Sales Teams to support them in closing Windows EAs and driving large-scale Windows 10 deployments, especially on the Current Branch.
• Work directly with Windows 10 early adopters to remove sales and technical blockers and support them in their migration planning and serviceability strategy (Current vs. Long Term Service Branch).
• Drive proof of concepts and pilots for the high priority largest and most complex accounts ensuring successful outcomes in partnership with the Account Technical Strategist.
• Provide level 300-400 expertise to the field and support Windows evangelism efforts where deep technical knowledge is required.
• Drive Pilot/Proof of Concept customer engagements in selected target key accounts.
• Work closely with early adopter customers to capture feedback and insights in advance of broad distribution.
• Provide leadership on Windows 10 in both the seller communities within Microsoft and our key partners.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate that you have deep subject matter expertise in operating systems and a keen technical understanding of the Windows platform. Specific qualifications include:
• Deep understanding of Microsoft Identity systems (on-premises AD and Azure AD) and how they build the foundation of Windows identity & security.
• Strong ability to demo and deliver excellent technically based customer presentations.
• An understanding of large-scale Windows platform migration and deployments including security, management and applications in the Enterprise.
• Ability to successfully run proof of concept and pilots that result in successful outcomes.
• Experience driving technical discussion for maximum customer impact and understanding.
• 3+ years’ experience in driving successful customer engagements with a focus on Windows and Identity in Enterprise scenarios.
• Deep working knowledge of the following operating system areas:
Windows Identity Management (AD & Azure AD)
Windows Client & Server platform
Windows Security & Management, including Group Policies, optional System Center Configuration Manager and the Enterprise Mobility Suite
Line of Business Apps (ISV and Custom)
Enterprise deployment planning and migration across scenarios
• Basic skills and understanding of Microsoft Surface (Book/Pro/Hub/Studio).
• Basic understanding of managing technical resources in complex selling processes (where necessary, managing various customers’ stakeholders (Primary: Technical Decision Maker, Secondary: Business Decision Maker)) relationships to get consensus on solution / projects.
• Experiences with Enterprise deployment practices.
• Fluent German is a must, very good English skills (written and spoken) is mandatory, too.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits.
Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.