Microsoft Corporation Solution Sales Manager (m/f) in Cologne, Germany
Job Locations: All Germany
The Solution Specialist Manager exists to deliver Leadership across the 5 Practice Areas below:
Sales Leadership – by leveraging their previous Enterprise-level business applications Sales Leadership experience, the Solution Specialist Manager effectively engages with current and prospective Customers as part of the Microsoft Sales team and both develops Customer executive relationships and advances sales cycles.
Business Leadership – develops and executes segment and industry growth plans that deliver against MBS (Microsoft Business Solutions) business strategy. Effectively invest resources (people + financial) to efficiently deliver results in accordance to World-wide productivity benchmarks
People Leadership – builds, inspires and leads great teams to deliver great performances. Coach’s team on Sales excellence, develops and exports talent.
Partner (GSI+SI+ISV+MCS) – leads and leverages Partners to win business and develop practices that enable MBS to scale and grow
Sales Excellence – delivers leading results across quarterly quota attainment, forecast accuracy, pipeline coverage and management, win/loss reviews and learnings and opportunity plan coaching and reviews
These five practice areas enable the Solution Specialist Sales Team to successfully execute on the solution sales strategy to drive revenue targets across the Microsoft Dynamics solutions portfolio
How does the role add value?
The Solution Specialist Manager adds Value to Microsoft by the following:
1) Business Solutions Sales Leadership: experience selling business solutions to Senior Business Decisions Makers
2) Industry Experience – knowledge of the key issues, opportunities and risk for Dynamics focus Industries
3) Technology Leadership – this leader understands and effectively communicates the transformative impact of Dynamics solutions to stakeholders across Customer, Partner and Microsoft
4) People Leadership – this leader is able to attract, develop and inspire talent from both outside and inside Microsoft.
5) Business Leadership – effectively scales a business by effectively investing resources against a market opportunity to drive on-strategy ROI (Return on Investment)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Sales Management – previous business applications (ERP and/or CRM) solution selling experience leading teams with sales quotas/targets, using a sales methodology
• Many Years of experience in the ERP market is a must have, with sustainable success in the Enterprise field
• People Management – previous experience managing people and their professional skills development; hiring, coaching and development
• Organizational Change Management – experience in successfully implementing new organization models, including the change leadership aspects
• Customer and Partner Environments - knowledge of the tools and resources used by customers and partners and their Lines of Business (e.g., financial metrics and statements, industry and analyst reports, executive dashboards, etc.)
• Business Management – has experience running a Profit & Loss, with a discipline and rigor to the management of the business Sales
• Fluency level knowledge of leadership, interpersonal awareness and people management
• Fluency level professional enterprise level, business solutions level selling skills. [selling to BDMs (Business decision Makers) and Key Executives] Industry
• Practitioner level knowledge of the specific industry drivers, challenges and opportunities faced by customers in Dynamics focus industries Microsoft Products, Licensing and Competition
• See Continuous Learning and Professional Development Key Actions and Key Success Criteria Abilities
• Has experience in a solution sales environment, leading a team of technical and non-technical individuals through successful sales cycles with customers and developing strong sales plans/strategies
• Has extensive experience “hiring smart”; understands the impacts, both positive and negative, that hiring decisions can have on team members and other groups and does not make compromises simply to meet headcount requirements
• Is focused more on his/her team’s performance than on his/her own performance; measures his/her success by having each team member meet or exceed targets
• Is adept at developing the skills of team members by understanding their individual requirements and providing the right coaching and mentoring activities to close gaps in performance
• Is trustworthy and trusting; creates environments where individuals feel comfortable sharing issues • Has experience successfully collaborating and managing by influence (of non-reporting groups, peers or individuals); has experience in managing political situations
• Is comfortable in executive settings with senior levels within customer and partner organizations; knows the challenges these executives are facing
• Is organizationally agile; can navigate a complex organization to reach a goal or objective; is effective at positioning gives/gets
• Has experience in turning around poor performing opportunities and/or sales teams
• Has experience effectively managing the business operations of an evolving sales force, within a larger matrixes model
• Is fluid and flexible, is able to deal with ambiguity; leads change with his/her team members, championing the benefits of the change and overcoming the resistance
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.