Microsoft Corporation Sales Excellence & Strategy Manager (m/f) in Cologne, Germany
Job Locations: All Germany
The mission of the Sales Desk is to “Deliver innovative and trusted world class services that enable our Sales organization to develop long term customer relationships and maximize revenue attainment”. The Sales Desk Associate Lead adds value to Microsoft by designing, driving and measuring the success of Sales Desk via the following responsibilities:
People management: responsible for daily management of a large vendor team. This includes:
• Regular one on ones, team meetings ensuring team’s focus on priorities
• Partner with training for new hire onboarding, training needs and areas of focus.
• Drive high morale on the team by leading the morale team, providing consistent and motivating recognition/awards programs and hosting quarterly morale events
• Ensure the team is 100% staffed across the various roles
• Manage relationship with vendor companies for hiring, interview progress, performance management, onboarding new employees and contract management.
• Provide ongoing feedback to help improve performance and career development via evaluations, skills assessments, personal development plans and performance improvement plans as necessary
• Ensure team is meeting KPIs (volume, utilization, quality, SLA, etc.)
• Ensure team achieves success metrics building correction of error plan to attain goals.
• Review business progress weekly and provide early insights to drive efficiencies to attain goals.
• Facilitate and drive efficient and collaborative weekly team meetings by sharing insights and learnings.
• Partner across the Sales Desk HQ teams to land programs/pilots/assets and to effectively ensure appropriate prioritization with SDAs on a regular basis.
• Ensuring quality and customer satisfaction are demonstrated with each interaction with the Sales organization.
• Manage, track and monitor team forecast and budget including generating IO/PO etc.
• Identifying process improvements to increase team effectiveness. Managing and leading projects. Providing reporting analytics
Relationship to (internal) stakeholders:
• Develop and maintain impactful Stakeholder relationships cross segment and sector growing Sales Desk impact.
• Maintain timely Stakeholder Business Reviews and effective progress reporting.
• Identify and document impact resulting in Sales Desk engagement with stakeholder on a monthly basis.
• Evangelize Sales Desk services and offerings to field stakeholders.
• Act as Geo Lead for specific area or segment ensuring effective landing of programs and usage of Sales Desk.
• Manage roles with geographical responsibility (Geo Leads) to grow relationships with field stakeholders and drive impact.
• Manage and conduct Monthly Business Reviews with Area stakeholders and Sales Desk leadership.
• Provide internal and external insights, learning and change requests on a weekly – monthly basis to Leadership team. Work in close partnership to strategically drive innovation to Microsoft sellers.
Some national/international travel required (10%)
• 1-2 years of people management or team lead experience
• A team player with strong cultural competency
• Experience working on a global team preferred
• Exhibits a core understanding of mutual respect and good customer service orientation in interactions with all people in the workplace
• Ability to manage and lead a large team (approx. ratio of 1:20 contingent staff)
• Project and Process Management experience (PMI or PMP certification preferred)
• Excellent customer service experience and/or sales experience
• Understanding of sales/pre-sales processes, B2B, MS programs and technologies, and Office suite skills
• Excellent communications (written and verbal) skills
• Ability to think strategically and be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Ability to work comfortably in ambiguity
• Solid quantitative and analytical skills
• Cross team collaboration in a large organization
• Strong attention to detail
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.