Philips Materials Engineer - OEM (m/f) in Boeblingen, Germany
In this position you will be responsible for the control and management of purchased components in a global supply chain context. This includes working with Philips R&D to drive clear specifications and CtQ’s on drawings and working with suppliers to ensure that these specifications are continually met and controlled utilizing APQP framework. You will represent the Materials Engineering department in NPI projects, lead investigation teams when non-conformances are encountered, manage OEM products and work closely with external contract suppliers.
You should have experience in supplier management, supplier quality, class 2 and 3 medical device compliance, project management, material cost analysis and reductions, vendor validations and process development. This includes:
• Partner with suppliers in new product and new process development and ensure APQP deliverables
• Travel to supplier and Philips entities in support of issues related to projects, programs, and special circumstances
• Work with the Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) in oversight of supplier quality/yield performance; drive improvement activities/programs
• Support SQE and production, Current Product Engineering, Support/Test Engineering, quality investigations, root cause analysis and corrective actions related to supplier’s processes
• Create Inspection Plans for Receiving Inspection and manage disposition of non-conforming material
• Propose and support material cost reductions through competitive quoting, re-sourcing, make-versus-buy, negotiations, process efficiencies, and design changes
The Materials Engineering Team Boeblingen works with a worldwide supply base to help ensure high quality purchased materials. The team leads Materials Engineering activities during new product development, portfolio maintenance, purchased material quality issue resolution.
If you like managing purchased parts, assemblies and OEM parts in a global supply base,
if you like challenges and opportunities which require your engagement and creative solutions and
if you like working within an open, inspiring and diverse team, then we would appreciate your application.
We are looking for
The successful candidate will have solid experience with project management, problem solving, purchase part design and development, statistical/analytical quality methods and tools, management and qualification of contract suppliers and complex supply chains.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or equivalent;
• Min. 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment;
• Medical device manufacturing experience (desired);
• Project Management certification and experience (desired);
• Certified Quality System auditor (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 13485) (desired);
• Experienced in PPAP, APQP methodologies (desired);
• Skills to use various IT Applications (e.g. SAP, eDMR, MS Office Applications);
• Strong analytical and independent problem solving skills
• Exceptional communication skills in at least English and German.
Philips encourages people with a disability to apply.