Vencore Warfighter Information Network Tactical Field Service Analyst (FSA) Vilseck, Germany in Boblingen, Germany
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Provide Functional and Technical Support to the diverse community of Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T) and related communications systems/subsystems, such as the Joint Network Node Network (JNN), JNN Satellite Transportable Terminal (JNN STT), Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node (RHN), Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Battalion Command Post Node (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), Master Reference Terminals (MRTs) and other equipment/systems that are considered part of the network.
- Assist in the instruction and daily maintenance of all WIN-T associated equipment with customers to assure accuracy.
- Provide Onsite Briefings for all unit personnel
- Provide Over-the-Shoulder Training support for all WIN-T users
- Perform Technical Troubleshooting
- Resolve Procedural Issues
- Maintain and update an electronic database of common procedural issues and solutions or quick fixes to known issues
- Capture and File Electronic Trouble Reports and Software Change Requests
- Assist in Implementing New WIN-T Subsystems
- Report Data Quality Issues to Unit Personnel
- Support Remote Deployments
- Short duration travel to CONUS and OCONUS locations
- Coordinate Hardware/Software Replacements and Repairs
- Assist in Fielding New Hardware
- Assist in Fielding New Software Versions
- Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge and skills required to execute all field service Technician tasks assigned
- Perform other duties as required
Requires BS/BA 3+ years experience, Associates 7+ years experience or High School Diploma and 11+ years of relevant experience.
This technician performs simple routine tasks under close supervision or from detailed procedures. Work is checked in progress or on completion. This person performs hardware and software repair, replacement, troubleshoot, installation and over the shoulder training support for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical Increment 1 (WIN-T Inc 1). The WIN-T Inc 1 is a communications network that provides the Army Warfighter with voice, data and video capabilities for use in a tactical environment, utilizing primarily commercial off-the-shelf equipment. This system of systems includes the following equipment: Unit Hub Node, Regional Hub Node, Single Shelter Switch (SSS), Joint Network Nodes (JNN), Battalion Command Post Nodes (BnCPN), Network Operations (NetOps), JNN and BnCPN Satellite Transportable Terminals (STTs), and Master Reference Terminals (MRTs).
IAT Level II certification or one of the following:
GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
Systems Security Certified Pratctitioner (SSCP)
Job ID 2016-45534
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Desired Experience ..
Time Type Full Time