NAVTEQ (Sr.) Visual Designer in Berlin, Germany
HERE is a leader in navigation, mapping and location experiences. We combine highly accurate and fresh maps with cloud technology to enable rich, real-time location experiences in a broad range of connected devices – from smartphones and tablets to wearables and vehicles. To learn more about HERE, including our work in the areas of connected and autonomous driving, visit http://360.here.com
Our vision is to build leadership in the Connected Car industry. We do this by creating automotive reference products and customer solutions that provide:
- Consumer-centric experiences across web, mobile and vehicle
- Scalable, innovative, fresh, personal and daily relevant information
- A framework and tools to enable car makers and partners to build and integrate their own experiences.
HERE AUTO SDK is a set of software modules and tools that facilitate the rapid development of automotive infotainment applications on top of the HERE location stack and Qt. All applications developed with HERE Auto SDK can take advantage of the same fresh, relevant and reliable maps and location services from HERE.
As a Visual Designer you strive to reduce what’s unnecessary and communicate the meaningful, and understand how to define experiences that are inherently delightful and usable. With these principles; you will work with interaction designers to ensure that the visual design communicates the desired message and drives user interaction successfully and safely in the car and outside of the car.
- A high level of proficiency in current graphic design practices and production software, such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe after Effects
- Knowledge of how to design for different screen sizes, including in-car screens.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to create interactive prototypes is a bonus
- Ability to work independently on strategic design issues and connect with stakeholders when needed
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role.
Exceptional portfolio, with focus on UI design for mobile native, mobile web, web and/or mobile apps. Ideally experience in the automotive field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. From paper sketches to high-fidelity comps, you can get your visual and non-visual ideas across to a variety of audiences.
- Experience working within development, collaborating with many individual designers, product leads and engineers along the way.
- Strong conceptual flair and skills plus a desire to push the boundaries
- Organised and structured design style, demonstrating a strong understanding of information hierarchy, layout balance and nuances of great typography
- Ability to define interaction systems, identify consistent UI paradigms and design intuitive solutions to make inherently usable products.
- Solid understanding of client deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility for them.
- Strong technical knowledge of how mobile/web-based technologies apply to design
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Software Product Design, or equivalent.
Job: Research & Software Development
Primary Location: Europe-Germany-Germany-Berlin_Invalidenstrasse 116
Req ID: 1600036865