NAVTEQ Sr./ Principal User Researcher- Automotive in Berlin, Germany
HERE, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
As an expert in user research and usability, you take responsibility for creating highly attractive and usable location-based services.
As the team lead for the Automotive user research team, you represent the voice of the customer towards design, management and product teams and help understand and utilize research results. You define research methods and assist design teams in ideation, concept and product development. Your responsibilities include conducting contextual research, hands-on usability testing, coaching design teams, briefing and coordinating external research agencies.
Lead mid sized team of user researchers and champion user-centered design within HERE. Apply and develop research and usability tools and methods for concept and product evaluation; translate research findings into actionable results, closely collaborate with Design, Management and Development.
- Prepare, organize and execute user research
- Establish research agenda for Automotive User Research
- Strong collaboration with Automotive Design team in all phases of research projects and product development (base research, concepting and product validation)
- Brief and coordinate external research agencies
- Co-develop usability metrics and method portfolio
- Create solution-oriented deliverables and reports
- Communicate research results to design, product and management teams
- Guide the creation of prototypes for usability testing and debriefing
- Collaboration with other Automotive Research units within HERE
- Represent Automotive thought leadership inside and outside of HERE
- Inspire designers in the user-centered design approach
What we offer
- International, multi-cultural company with people from 40+ countries
- Start-up atmosphere in a big enterprise, a changing environment with flat hierarchies
- The opportunity to move things forward, to drive and foster user-centred design in a large organization
- Working in the pulsatile metropolis Berlin with its unique spirit and international atmosphere
- Attractive package including salary, public transport ticket, compensation plan and much more.
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Informatics, Psychology, Human Factors or related experience
- Passionate about serving the needs of consumers and about location-based services
- Strong ability to translate research findings into actionable insights
- 8+ years of working experience in user research, usability testing, or user-centered interface design
- Excellent understanding of current automotive UX research
- Hands-on experience in designing and running user studies, usability tests, and driving simulator studies; superior knowledge of methods and techniques
- Diverse and eclectic interests and work experiences is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to learn, master new domains of expertise
- Team-player; self-organized, reliant, thinking one step ahead
- Demonstrated excellence in moderation skills; excellent communicator; open minded and sensitive to the needs of the audience; teaching experience a plus
- Keen on teaching Junior researchers (i.e. trainings, new methodologies)
- Project management and organisation skills
- Experience in mentoring Junior colleagues or peers
- Preferably experience with agile software development
- Ideally, skills in creating interactive prototypes for testing and visualisation of insights
An ideal candidate for this role will have strong prior experience in user research, usability methods and design. The candidate should also have a strong affinity for new technologies and consumer products and experience with location-based services.
Job: Research & Software Development
Primary Location: Europe-Germany-Germany-Berlin_Invalidenstrasse 116
Req ID: 1600036866