Microsoft Corporation Specialist Sales Professional (m/f) - Cloud + Enterprise Black belt Team in Berlin, Germany
Job Location: All Germany
Does the idea of joining an organization which is helping to lead the transformation to Cloud Services excite you? Do you have a passion for helping organizations build innovative applications by taking advantage of powerful cloud platforms? Does cutting through short term ambiguity for longer term vision come as second nature to you? If you answered ‘Yes’ to all of these questions then this could be you…
Cloud First/Mobile First changes a traditional simplified selling motion to a complex solution sale that incorporates a combination of on-premises/cloud as well as 3rd party products/solutions. Microsoft is making investments in the Cloud + Enterprise (C+E) business to maximize this opportunity. We’re looking for an exceptional sales leader and cross-organizational collaborator to prospect, develop and drive Azure Web, Mobile and Media Services. The Specialist Sales role delivers solution opportunity revenue and market share for Microsoft by driving and supporting opportunities from 10-100% for our Cloud Platform related products and services (including Microsoft Azure, Azure Media Service, Azure App Service and related) which provide solutions for extending business applications to the cloud. It provides strategic leadership across business segments, working in close co-operation with marketing, operations, sales and other internal teams to create and implement strategies that drive desired business outcomes. This role is a ‘trusted advisor’ to stakeholders and enables them to maximize potentially explosive YOY growth.
Key responsibilities for the role:
• Contribute and participate in the account planning with respective Account Teams (ATU)/Specialist Teams (STU) to build solid plans including opportunity generation to achieve and exceed quota for assigned workloads. Building and maintain relationships with key contacts within assigned territory. Monitor the pipeline and its health through team reviews, inputting into the appropriate tools and identifying stalled or disengaged opportunities
• Ensure healthy business management through pipeline coverage, forecast accuracy and close rate disciplines following business excellence standards for all owned opportunities. Ensure fiscal responsibility with joint business investment or marketing funds, adhering to all required policies and guidelines.
• Qualify prospects into opportunities by using consultative approaches such as risk diagnostics, explaining how customers can enable key Enterprise Application scenarios in their current Microsoft platform including both 1st and 3rd party solutions that contributes to Microsoft business
• Determine the appropriate solution to address the customer’s pain or opportunity, pulling together an effective v-team (ATU, STU, etc.) and evaluation/engagement plan, sourcing opportunities to the appropriate partners and/or Services
• Coordinating sales engagements with STU (e.g., ADS, POC, etc. led by Technical Sales Professional (TSP), Services, Engineering) and communicating back to customers and internal team members after all engagements
• Develop and present proposals to customers, monitoring the procurement process, facilitating discussions/negotiations between partners and/or Services and making recommendations on additional products or offerings to move deals to close.
• Building and maintain solution selling skills through formal readiness activities and learning on the job for Cloud Platform solutions (including Microsoft Azure, Azure Media Service, Azure App Service and related)
To be successful, the ideal candidate will have proven success in the following competencies:
• Drive for Results: Translate Microsoft strategy into challenging operational strategies and plans. Set clear and challenging goals for a portfolio of work, and pursues them with tenacity delivering successful results. Assess the industry and the broader business environment to account for market conditions in plans and objectives. Strong competitive intelligence and strategy skills.
• Influencing for Impact: Create and influence strategies that cross organizational boundaries to achieve broad business goals. Anticipate issues or implications that his or her ideas would have on others, and pursues mutually beneficial strategies. Strong partner relationship and interpersonal skills. Possess executive presence and the ability to develop win/win business relationships.
• Adaptability: Demonstrate resilience, and maintain a constructive attitude in times of change. Regularly scans the environment to help anticipate changes that could affect key projects. Applies systems thinking. Shifts his or her approach in response to the demands of a changing situation.
• Collaboration: Create conditions for successful collaboration at the organizational level that delivers results. Able to maintain a broader perspective, and remove barriers by working with others around a shared need or customer benefit.
• Strategic Sales Planning: Recognize market trends and anticipate new competitive threats. Put strategic plans in place to obtain a competitive advantage and secure market share. Evaluate initiatives, investments, and opportunities based on broader Microsoft and partner strategies to achieve breakthrough revenue objectives. Maintain a long-term perspective when creating approaches to systematically fill gaps in a partner’s technology portfolio and service needs.
Success will ultimately be measured by:
• Azure Revenue attainment and execution
• Achievement against specific Azure workload related metrics.
The candidate should work autonomously, be results-driven, and demonstrate the ability to influence and drive non-reporting teams to perform. Candidate must be willing to take on big challenges with significant growth potential. Most importantly, the candidate will be a strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives while influencing a large team to execute on them.
• 5+ years of recognized and rewarded district, national, or global experience selling software solutions to large enterprises
• Strong experience and background in complex solutions sales involving applications and platforms (as opposed to pitching specific products) to drive business transformation for customers
• Solid understanding of Microsoft Azure cloud products and/or complementing solutions. The position requires the ability to articulate and present the business value of Microsoft's solutions and have a firm understanding of Microsoft's strategies and products relative to major Microsoft competitors.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and grow revenues within a diversified territory
• Demonstrated ability to identify, lead, and efficiently close large-scale, complex deals
• Proven record of effective account management, including Account Planning, Opportunity Generation and Management, ITDM and BDM Communication, and Business Management Excellence.
• Excellent communication skills, and the ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communications.
• Builds and leads virtual teams through influence and working toward a common shared outcome or goal
BS/BA required; MBA a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.