NAVTEQ Release Manager with Agile Mindset in Berlin, Germany
HERE is a leader in navigation, mapping and location experiences. We combine highly accurate and fresh maps with cloud technology to enable rich, real-time location experiences in a broad range of connected devices – from smartphones and tablets to wearables and vehicles. To learn more about HERE, including our work in the areas of connected and autonomous driving, visit http://360.here.com
We are looking to hire experienced Release Manager with a highly collaborative mindset and passion for organizing to ship product on time and quality.
Join our fast growing, highly motivated NDS team as a Release Manager. The NDS team offers a unique chance to work on the core technologies of cutting edge navigation systems.
NDS is the abbreviation for Navigation Data Standard, a standardized format for automotive-grade navigation databases, jointly developed by automobile manufacturers and suppliers. Our team delivers digital maps in NDS formats to our automotive customers where the data is going straight into cars to power in-car navigation systems.
As a member of our dedicated NDS team, you are the bridge builder between development and operations making our NDS products available to customers and end-users. You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for map data deliveries through development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager works collaboratively with all team members in development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
The responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Forward plan the release windows and cycles across the NDS map data delivery portfolio
- Produce release related documentation like deployment, run books, implementation plans, and release reporting
- Maintains a documentation and release repository and manages key information such as versions, build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Lead and co-ordinate the release activities including the execution of the map data compilation plans and checklists
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure data releases are delivered on time and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations to ensure collaboration and timely releases
- Ensure that standard quality processes & procedures are implemented and used. (ISO, A-Spice) and certification is kept.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
Your experience and qualifications will cover
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Around 5 years of professional experience including 3 years of previous release and/or project management experience, ideally in Automotive
- Formal training in project management practices preferred
- Good understanding of Agile program management methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Highly competent in product delivery life cycles and methods to optimize the life cycle for project needs via use of best practices
- Experience working with technologies common to the HERE product portfolio, e.g. working with map data and vehicle navigation software is considered a plus
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Capable of working independently
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is required, German is considered a plus
Job: Research & Software Development
Primary Location: Europe-Germany-Germany-Berlin_Invalidenstrasse 116
Req ID: 1600036483