Microsoft Corporation PMC Engineer (m/f) in Berlin, Germany
Job Locations: All Germany
Are you looking to grow and expand your technical, customer and soft skills? Would you like to work on solutions and not limit yourself to products? Then this might be the team you are looking for. At Premier Mission Critical, we do all of the above and have fun while delivering true mission critical support to top tier Microsoft customers and we are the only team at Microsoft doing this.
If you have reached that point in your career where you are craving to expand and grow your sphere of influence but opportunities are limited, if you are stuck in a technical silo and longing to free yourself, this might be your chance.
PMC: Premier Mission Critical is a team delivering dedicated support to Microsoft’s top tier customers using Microsoft technology to build true Mission Critical applications to run their business. These Mission Critical customers are usually very technically savvy and have good expertise in the Microsoft technologies they use. The kinds of customers we deal with are oil companies, world banking backbones and large government entities.
At PMC, we support multiple technologies and multiple products being used by our customers via a single team. We are building a team with diversified skill set so we can deliver a dedicated support experience to our customers, all under one roof. Engineers on our team usually come with a depth of experience in one or two technologies and they are really good at those, but are also looking to broaden their skill set by doing some real world work, not just by reading books or sitting in a classroom. At PMC, you will have that opportunity, to expand your skill set, learn new technologies and grow your leadership in the technology you excel at, all without being siloed into a particular feature of a particular product. You will deal with high profile customers directly under the radar of executive management and may occasionally get an email or two from them!
• Communicate with Microsoft Mission Critical customers (verbal, written and face to face correspondence) regarding technically complex advisory and issues about Microsoft software products and manage relationships with those customers.
• Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer handling skills.
• Logical and methodical troubleshooting and problem solving both technically and on an interpersonal level.
• Communication skills that allow you to take lead and control the communication with customers, internal Microsoft stake holders and third party vendors.
• Use trace analysis, source code, and other sophisticated tools to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; may involve writing sample code.
• Working in a team environment to collaborate and/or lead efforts from resolving customer issues to helping define long term strategic goals.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Daily interaction with other engineers to provide technical action plans for, or take ownership of challenging issues.
• Ability to use debug skills and source code access to troubleshoot and isolate problems to a component level.
• Collaborate with other technical teams (EE, SE, Dev. etc.) at Microsoft to deliver solutions to customer issues
• Work with Account Team on proactive services for the customer
• Work directly with the product group development teams to obtain product design information or isolate both bug and non-bug related issues.
• Create technical content including Knowledge Base articles, whitepapers, training documents, etc.
• Assist with selection of new team members.
• May act as technical focal point in cooperative relationships with other companies.
• Ability to handle Critical Situations in technically challenging and politically hot circumstances.
• Available to work critical cases on a 24x7 basis or through an on-call model.
• Available to travel to a customer’s site under short notice and work remotely.
• Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
• Must have previous experience working with integrating Microsoft System Center products, especially Operations Manager with enterprise systems
• Be able to travel both domestically and internationally on short notice (up to 20%).
• Ability to work or be on call during various shifts including weekends and deep nights. (24x7).
• Must be willing to develop and execute a self-improvement plan on an ongoing basis to meet changing job expectations within acceptable business timeframes.
• Ability to read and analyze C, C++ and C# code
• Must have thorough knowledge of Windows Architecture and Internals (e.g. Processes, Threads, Memory Management, Networking, Kernel Architecture)
• Proven ability working with MOM 2005 / SCOM 2007 from management pack development and administrative best practice with tuning.
• Experience with Microsoft debugging tools
• Six or more years of industry experience with Microsoft Operations Manager Products.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft® IIS Server, Windows Server, SQL Server from an administrative perspective
• Strong knowledge of Windows Platform, developer tools and ability to traverse through source code
• Good understanding of .NET framework and related technologies
Key Skills & Knowledge:
• MOM/SCOM Management pack development
• SCOM troubleshooting
• SCOM alert management, tuning and administration
• C#, VB.NET, VBScript
• Understanding of SQL server and SCCM is an advantage
• Works well in a team environment.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Good Communication Skills - Spoken and written English
• Excellent demonstrated customer service skills.
• Effective learning skills. Desired background in Technical Training.
• Bachelor's Degree in Comp. Science, Comp. Info. Sys., Math, Engineering, Business, or related field.
• Intermittently, there will be business need to travel domestic and international
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. Join an international work environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace. We offer competitive pay and a wide range of benefits. Microsoft acknowledges your performance by investing in your health and financial future and by ensuring your work-life-balance.