Microsoft Corporation Partner Technical Advisor SharePoint in Berlin, Germany
Are you working in a Customer Services & Support as a (Sen.) Support Engineer, Support Escalation Engineer, Technical Advisor as recognized technical expert who is interested in running a multi-country external operation? Do you like to coach and mentor others, analyze complex technical data to understand challenges & opportunities and to drive results through your impact on others? Do you enjoy creating new technical content, and you’re curious by nature and like to know “what’s next?” Does the challenge of contributing to the Microsoft Devices & Services success thrill you? If the answer is yes, then EMEA Broad Commercial On-Premise Support has an immediate opening as a Partner Technical Advisor for you.
Partner Technical Advisor responsibilities include:
- Supplier technical delivery:
Ensuring we meet or exceed Broad Commercial Customer’s support service quality in the most cost-efficient manner. Guide the teams to ensure constant progress on deliverables, consistency in approach, share best practices and collaborate on quality initiatives to enhance technical delivery. Lead deep technical case wellness and case progression, providing technical advice and recommendation. Build strong, successful partnerships with the supplier teams acting as technical consultant to enable fast problem resolution and development by leading our technical triages.
Be the internal point of reference for bugs and general issues when content isn’t available externally. Be the link to internal teams when, by exception, escalation is required.
- Drive the support level:
Identify and drive technical improvements to the services or processes that will materially improve the quality of the services: Increase the external experience, help drive down the solution time (DTC), decrease costs associated with delivering (TMPI) and reinforce support boundaries. Improve the services from a technical and/or business perspective.
Build successful partnerships with the supplier teams acting as technical consultant to enable fast problem resolution and development. Partner with the Service Delivery Managers to ensure consistent messaging and expectation setting with suppliers and customers.
- Develop external technical knowledge:
Spread your expertise across the BCTS suppliers’ community to aid progression and development, thus ensure their level of independence to solve the majority of support issues.
Work closely with Escalation and Readiness teams to build the future best in class deliverables (KB s, Trainings, White Papers, Webcasts, Community Posts).
Partner Technical Advisor (PTA) primary job functions include:
• Guide supplier SE’s (Support Engineers)/TL’s (Tech Leads) in the right direction for impactful troubleshooting and timeliness of support delivery
• Work with supplier SE’s/TL’s to apply proactive case wellness. Regular case reviews to identify cases that need guidance to expedite resolution and take appropriate action
• Lead weekly triages with supplier SE’s/TL’s in order to drive continued technical growth
• Orchestrate and/or deliver readiness of the supplier teams
• Share feedback with TM’s of the respective teams about the SE’s/TL and help them grow by providing developmental feedback
• Serve as a liaison between supplier teams and Microsoft
• Evangelize collaboration with other/internal groups in order to share best practices and get to a quicker resolution (this may include exceptional, internal escalation management)
• Provide supplier visits for training delivery, mentoring as well as driving the relationship
Partner Technical Advisor (PTA) Qualifications, Abilities and Experience:
The successful candidate will have experience working with Microsoft® technologies and highly skilled in in the following products: Microsoft SharePoint. Knowledge in other related products are an advantage. They should have expert knowledge of advanced troubleshooting to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs. Experience working with outsource suppliers is a plus.
Must thrive on a fast pace, excellent team worker, be able to work with ambiguity. The candidate will also need to be flexible and ready to adapt their Role & Responsibilities to be aligned with business needs.
• Superior, proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills at the Senior Support / Support Escalation Engineer level
• Excellent customer service / relationship skills
• Strong communication, mentoring and training delivery skills are required. Ability to provide clear, concise feedback
• Proven Leadership to drive technical support improvements: Ability to think “out of the box” and innovate
• Cross site collaboration skills
• Ability to enhance the technical expertise of peers via the development of product training, mentoring of supplier technical leads and team content development/delivery
• Ability to apply technology to improve existing products and systems at customers and internally
• Ability to actively participate in team support by proposing and implementing solutions
• dealing very effectively with ambiguity
• Candidate must possess superior knowledge, demonstrated technical proficiency, and trouble-shooting at the expert level in SharePoint
• Up-to-date MCSE certification preferred
Personal attributes / competencies:
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
• Communication Skills
• Team Player
• Fluent English Speaking & Writing skills
• Any of the following languages are added advantage: German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian
Location: Romania / Portugal
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and will be considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of colour, race, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, parental responsibilities, age, religion, or belief. Consulting services