Shire DACH Transparency Grant Coordinator in Berlin, Germany
Posting Title DACH Transparency Grant Coordinator
Job ID 15365BR
Function International Commercial
Division Com Ops Germany Switzerland and Austria
Employee Type Regular
Level PROF II
Search Location(s) Germany - Berlin
Job Category Commercial Operations
Job Description Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
The Transparency Grant Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the preparation and administration of grants assigned to HCPs and/or HCOs through electronic Systems. Interacts with administrative staff to ensure that grants are in compliance with policy requirements and EFPIA transparency laws and codes.
Understand the International EFPIA transparency laws and codes for his / her specific local countries, such as FSA/AKG in Germany; Pharming in Austria and PKK in Switzerland
Work with the local country resources and appropriate spend owner to obtain and store data and supporting documentation including consent
Drive the collection of data from the Business Units and legacy Franchises as well as Third Party Agencies ensuring completeness of submission and uploads to the collection tool on time, plus collection and storing of supporting documentation
Support local resources as needed in using and formatting to enable the upload to the collection tool
Support Data Verification and Data Validation efforts to ensure completeness and accuracy of the data including review of supporting documentation, researching checks per the Shire Data Validation Guidance / WPI - International Error Management Accuracy Review
Support the Certification of Data, Pre-Disclosure, Submission and Inquiry Resolution process as needed
Work with the international Project Team to understand activities in scope for the Event- & Contract-Management-System used for various grants assigned to HCP/HCO
Understand and document the current status including identifying the key stakeholders by collection & definition of Commercial & GMA team requirements.
Assisting LOC staff with the capture of all expense receipts, disclosure consents, and associated contracts/LOA. Identify areas for process improvement, propose changes, and participate in implementation as appropriate.
Prior to roll-out, tests the Event- & Contract-Management-System tools for User Acceptance, until fully operational and LOCs are trained
Act as Super-User and key Point-of-Contact being responsible to support system administration activities as well as support with the training of the Event- & Contract-Management-System when ready for rollout.
Coordinate the submission of requests within the Event- & Contract-Management-Systems; provides guidance in the interpretation of funding regulations and requirements.
Review the request is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with granting requirements.
Advise and/or assist as appropriate in the design, formatting and preparation of documentation, to research potential duplicate transactions, year on year comparisons and other checks.
Record and track related statistical information; create and distribute standard and special reports.
Monitor and coordinate the administration to ensure that budgeting and administrative policies, procedures, and transparency requirements are being followed.
• Bachelors Degree is desired )concentration in business, finance, audit, economics, marketing, operations, systems or other analytical/business fields preferred)
• Minimum of 2-4 years of work experience required
• Prior pharmaceutical experience is required
• Prior experience focused on developing efficient and effective operational processes preferred
• Prior compliance experience preferred
• Prior experience in error management, problem solving or data analysis preferred.
• Strong background in operational process and procedures
• Technical aptitude and experience with Biopharmaceutical systems and business process
• Master Data understanding
• Financial Data understanding
• Ability to analyze big picture around errors and issues and proactively plan in order to prevent errors from reoccurring.
• Strong problem solving skills with ability to quickly assess critical situations and respond in a solutions oriented mindset.
• Some domestic and global travel (<10%) may be required to support Shire’s current and emerging global footprint.