Corning Application Engineer Carrier Networks DACH (m/f) in Berlin, Germany
With more than 160 years of science and engineering knowledge, Corning Incorporated creates keystone components for high-technology systems in consumer electronics, mobile emissions control and life sciences. Our Optical Communications segment delivers connectivity to every edge of the network, from optical fiber, cable, hardware and equipment to fully-optimized optical solutions.
What we do is life changing. Our innovations help customers keep pace with the world’s insatiable demand for bandwidth, accelerating the delivery of information and keeping the world connected to the important people, places and things that enhance our lives.
To know more about Corning Optical Communications, visit us at: http://www.corning.com/cablesystems
- Provide technical support, training and presentations of Corning products directly to end customer, installer, or distribution partners
- Advise customers (internal or external) about products and their use in various applications. Must be able to explain benefits and determine detailed list of part numbers required for a system solution
- Communicate technical advantages/applications of Corning products to customers
- Create datasheets and technical papers as needed.
- Provide pre-sales customer support including product recommendation, system design, system installation training and testing
- Provide after-sales support for customer including installation advice and troubleshooting at customer site. Also includes assisting quality department in cases of Customer Feedbacks/RMAs
- Provide system solutions including Bill of Materials and drawings based on customer requirements in order to fulfill customer RFIs (request for information)
- University Engineering Degree
- 2 + years experience in Telecom
- Strong computer skills (MS Windows based: Power point, Word, Excel, Visio)Strong English writing and speaking skills for interaction with customer and internal communication
- Excellent German and English language skills, any other language is a plus
- Ability to convey technical, complex ideas to highly technical customers/colleagues or equally less technically inclined customers/colleagues
- Ability to present/give training comfortably and confidently in front of groups from 10-50 people
- Good hand skills: basic mechanical /troubleshooting/ repair skills
- Ability to listen to customer and work with difficult customers patiently in order to understand their needs and resolve their problems
- 40% of travelling (EMEA region)
If you are interested in this great opportunity apply via email: Recruiting@corning.com